As the Business Development Specialist, Interactive Digital Media, you will collaboratively work with industry stakeholders and partners to further develop and grow the interactive digital media (IDM) sector in the Edmonton Metro region.
Primary duties include:
- Collaboratively develop and execute strategies to build and enhance the visibility of the interactive digital media ecosystem of Edmonton Metro. Develop and maintain tools that serve the needs of the Edmonton Metro screen media sector.
- Liaise with industry stakeholders to gather and compile data and feedback on IDM sector activity in the Edmonton Metro region.
- Interface and coordinate with counterparts in other jurisdictions.
- Liaise with government officials and departments.
The Business Development Specialist, Interactive Digital Media reports to the CEO.
What you bring
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field of study, or combination of education and experience in the interactive digital media sector.
- Demonstrated effective sales techniques.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work individually and in an integrated team environment.
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Creative thinker with an eye for detail and design.
- Ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritize and work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Enthusiasm and adaptability.
- Strong project budget management skills.
- Excellent verbal, public and written communication.
- Excellent time management skills.
- An out-going, people-oriented personality.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as evening and weekend work may be required.
- Ability to travel internationally.
What the ESIO has to offer
- Competitive salary starting at $75,000 and commensurate with experience.
- Health benefits, including a Health Spending Account and Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible work hours.
- Ability to work remotely (3 days/week).
- Opportunities for training and development.
About the ESIO
The Edmonton Screen Industries Office Society (ESIO) was established in 2017 by the City of Edmonton to ensure that the Edmonton Metro region becomes known nationally and internationally as a great place to start, develop, and commercialize creative content in the screen industries. We lead community efforts to create opportunities and provide support for economic development of the sector.
With early support from the Edmonton Arts Council, Edmonton Economic Development Corporation, and seed financial support from the City of Edmonton, the ESIO set to work to re-establish and expand leadership roles previously assigned to the Edmonton Film Commission into an expanded vision for the growth and sustainability of all of Edmonton Metro’s creative screen enterprises and industries. This expanded scope includes adopting industries such as animation, video game development and virtual reality applications, while retaining support for the film and television industry.
ESIO’s strategy considers and addresses the challenge of a wide diversity of interests, history, and business models by approaching the sector with an entrepreneurial mindset, building on and leveraging Edmonton Metro’s existing strengths in support of more sustainable enterprises and new sector opportunities. For more information about the ESIO visit www.edmontonscreen.com.
How to apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com, noting ‘Business Development Specialist, Interactive Digital Media’ in the subject line. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The ESIO is committed to a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. As an equal opportunity, equal pay and equal rights employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
At the Edmonton Screen Industries Office, we recognize, appreciate, and celebrate the First Nations, Metis, and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. We respectfully acknowledge that we are situated on Treaty 6 territory, traditional lands of the Cree, Dene, Blackfoot, Saulteaux, Nakota Sioux, and Metis. We also encourage, support, and promote the resurgence of Indigenous knowledge and practices and are committed to empowering Indigenous creativity in the spirit of reconciliation.