Join an experienced digital marketing team with strong core values and a close-knit culture that drives year over year growth for our clients!
Type: Full-time Permanent
Bluetrain’s data-driven, relationship-based approach to digital marketing helps our clients navigate one of the fastest-changing industries in the world. Think of us as an online marketing conductor, providing the insights and online expertise our customers need to drive their businesses forward.
Bluetrain acts as an advanced digital marketing team for progressive clients from varying industries across North America. Recognizable clients we work with include organizations such as EPCOR, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, Jiffy Lube, UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), and Strathcona County.
We currently have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a: Digital Advertising Strategist
What You’ll Do:
As a Digital Advertising Strategist at Bluetrain you possess a unique ability to define the strategic direction for your clients and execute on that plan while analyzing and reporting on the successes you achieve towards your client’s goals and objectives. You have wide knowledge of digital and other content delivery platforms. You act as the bridge between technical and non-technical teams, a translator of business and technology language with the ability to turn business problems into solutions.
As a Digital Advertising Strategist, you will work cooperatively with other members of the operational and account management team to create long-term goals and plans for your clients. This job requires a creative and innovative thinker that understands technology and the people who use it. Your clients will look to you to determine the best direction for digital marketing efforts, including how to track, analyze and report on the results. You must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, as you will be called on to direct client meetings and work collaboratively or lead teams responsible for digital strategy.
The Nuts and Bolts
- Collaborate with Bluetrain team members in developing digital marketing strategy for clients, representing the advertising channel (all platforms, tactics/targeting, budgets etc).
- Perform spot check reviews of client ad accounts to drive continual improvement recommendations and team skills/knowledge development.
- Manage a small portfolio of your own priority ad accounts monthly to improve performance and keep strong working knowledge of platforms.
- Provide a primary secondary review option for new advertising account builds or new significant campaign setups. This includes ensuring proper analytics in place.
- Support Account Managers with challenging advertising questions, performance issues, and join client meetings whenever advertising strategist presence is required.
- Provide consultation on strength of advertising landing pages, including recommendations for landing page optimization, such as A/B testing.
- Review mid-month ad spend report across clients and determine any needed action.
- Lead training, coaching, and improvement on advertising processes & ongoing management framework.
- Stay on top of digital advertising trends to keep Bluetrain team expertise updated across platforms and relevant digital media buying & programmatic methods.
- Support business development in larger/complex advertising opportunities, such as scoping enterprise-level campaign proposals.
What you Bring:
You can analyze large quantities of data and identify the most important insights, trends and observations for your client’s digital properties. You are able to work professionally and cooperatively with clients and coworkers to build a collaborative work environment. You possess a high level of technical understanding and can apply that when determining what are the good, the bad and the ugly parts of our clients’ websites and digital channels. Most importantly, you understand the value of data-driven digital marketing to help clients continually grow online.
More Nuts & Bolts:
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing/Business, and/or Web Design or Development is a definite asset
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with data presentation, SEO and SEM/PPC marketing, social media marketing, channel marketing and/or marketing campaign management
- Hands-on experience that includes managing analytics and tag management platforms in an ongoing capacity including regular analysis, reporting and measurement
- Proven experience with marketing measurement tools focused on conversion, attribution and performance management
- Demonstrated success with developing strategic plans, plan execution, measuring and reporting the results; data-driven thinker and problem solver
- Some exposure to email marketing and marketing automation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with senior marketing leaders and executives is an asset
- Experience supervising or managing teams is an asset
While you bring some knowledge and experience to the table, we also understand that you want to develop in your career, so we also provide training to our new colleagues. Our hope is that you will impart that knowledge and experience on the team as well, as we provide mentoring opportunities.
What you’ll get:
As our new colleague, you’ll be part of the continuing growth of a local success story! You will be surrounded by smart, passionate teammates who collaborate and innovate in order to provide our customers with the best possible solutions to their SEO challenges!
We believe that happy, healthy employees produce the best results, so we proudly support life balance initiatives such as:
- A competitive compensation package.
- Vacation time PLUS paid time off for the Holiday break in December/January.
- A remote work policy for working outside the office on a short-term, extended, or permanent basis.
- Flexibility in hours to start and end your day.
We get that you care about your team and your community, so we regularly engage in social activities to help us all stay connected.
Thanks to all applicants for your interest in working with Bluetrain. Only candidates short-listed for an assessment, phone call and/or interview will be contacted.