Bluetrain’s data-driven, relationship-based approach to digital marketing helps our clients navigate one of the fastest-changing industries in the world. We focus on providing the insights and online expertise our customers need to drive their businesses forward.
Bluetrain acts as an advanced digital marketing team for progressive clients from varying industries across North America. Recognizable clients we work with include organizations such as EPCOR, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), among others.
We currently have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a:
Digital Marketing Strategist
What you will do:
As a Digital Marketing Strategist at Bluetrain you possess a unique ability to define the strategic direction for your clients and execute on that plan while analyzing and reporting on the successes you achieve towards your client’s goals and objectives. You have wide knowledge of digital and other content delivery platforms. You act as the bridge between technical and non-technical teams, a translator of business and technology language with the ability to turn business problems into solutions.
As a Digital Marketing Strategist, you will work cooperatively with other members of the operational and account management team to create long-term goals and plans for your clients. This job requires a creative and innovative thinker that understands technology and the people who use it. Your clients will look to you to determine the best direction for digital marketing efforts, including how to track, analyze and report on the results. You must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, as you will be called on to direct client meetings and work collaboratively or lead teams responsible for digital strategy.
The nuts and bolts:
- Collaborate with your operational team to develop annual strategic plans for ongoing clients, including setting out the tactics and overseeing the execution of the plan to drive continued growth and improvement for your clients
- Define, track, analyze, and report on results using KPI’s, metrics and data to show the progress on reaching client goals and objectives
- Review and recommend tactics monthly contributing to client’s digital marketing
- Implementing onsite optimization (on-page SEO) or other improvements using a client’s CMS
- Providing monthly reports to Account Managers for your ongoing client sites
- Performing research / setup initiatives including technical SEO site audits & reports, competitive analysis, keyword research, content optimization, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager setups.
- Implementing local search best practices (I.e. Google My Business, Reviews, Citations)
- Plan relevant outreach strategies to directly build quality links and citations for client websites
What you bring:
You can analyze large quantities of data and identify the most important insights, trends, and observations for your client’s digital properties. You are able to work professionally and cooperatively with clients and coworkers to build a collaborative work environment. You possess a high level of technical understanding and can apply that when determining what are the good, the bad and the ugly parts of our clients’ websites and digital channels. Most importantly, you understand the value of data-driven digital marketing to help clients continually grow online.
What we are looking for:
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing/Business, and/or Web Design or Development is a definite asset
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with SEO and SEM/PPC marketing, social media marketing, channel marketing and/or marketing campaign management
- Hands-on experience that includes set-up and managing analytics and tag management platforms in an ongoing capacity including regular analysis, reporting and measurement
- Proven experience with marketing measurement tools focused on conversion, attribution and performance management
- Demonstrated success with developing strategic plans, plan execution, measuring and reporting the results; data-driven thinker and problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with senior marketing leaders and executives is an asset
While you bring some knowledge and experience to the table, we also understand that you want to develop in your career, so we also provide training to our new colleagues. Our hope is that you will impart that knowledge and experience on the team as well.
What you’ll get:
As our new colleague, you’ll be part of the continuing growth of a local success story! You will be surrounded by smart, passionate teammates who collaborate and innovate in order to provide our customers with the best possible solutions to their digital marketing challenges!
We believe that happy, healthy employees produce the best results, so we proudly support life balance initiatives such as:
- A competitive compensation package
- A remote work policy for working outside the office on a short-term, extended, or permanent basis
- Flexibility in hours to start and end your day
We get that you care about your team and your community, so we regularly engage in social activities to help us all stay connected.