Granify is a rapidly growing technology company at the intersection of e-commerce, machine intelligence, and psychology. We’ve received investment from top investors, built a world-class team and a world-class product, and in the last year alone we generated over $650 million in incremental sales for many of the world\'s largest retailers!
We’re searching for a Director of Data Science who values mastery, authenticity, and positivity to help build and grow our product. You will lead the Data Science department in the development of new insights, advance modeling techniques and data science capabilities. You\'ll get a chance to form a key part of the leadership team and will be responsible for end-to-end technology strategy, and delivery. You\'ll be a mentor to your team and help lead them to success and development.
This is a full-time position. We are centrally located in Edmonton, but remote applications will also be considered.
- Practice and process development looking for ways to improve and streamline company processes to not only deliver a superior service to our clients, but also to improve our efficiency and profitability.
- Mentor/manage Data Science team members
- Synthesize business needs and create business/functional design documents which can be used to build analysis and data models around.
- Assess data for validity in terms of predictive capabilities, required feature engineering, opportunities for data widening, or alignment to business requirements
- Develop, implements, and supports methodologies, standards, and tools for analysis and data science work.
- Build cooperative, productive relationships with clients by utilizing excellent communication skills, while also interacting effectively internally and externally.
- Research, prototype, and explore future, non-standard analytics approaches that push the limits of current analysis output. This will include exploring novel machine learning techniques which enable our teams to tackle segmentation, clustering, and predictive models used in a wide variety of areas.
- Eager to have a clear, measurable impact, through the teams you lead, on the company’s business goals
- Team-focused and people-centric, able to give feedback as well as receive it
- Able to excel in a fast-paced, collaborative and constantly changing workplace
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analysis or related.
- 5+ years’ experience as an Analyst / Data Scientist.
- 2+ years’ of managerial and leadership experience.
- Advanced knowledge of R & Python for model development.
- Previous experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Extensive experience with statistical modelling techniques.
- Experience connecting visualization systems and using them for dashboarding or analysis.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in meeting deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working with remote teams.
- Previous experience with marketing analytics including database marketing techniques, campaign lift, attribution and media mix modelling.
- Familiarity with analyzing data for digital marketing and ecommerce, as well as all other non-digital aspects of a business.
- Experience building and scaling teams in a high-growth startup situation. Specifically growing a team from ~50 to 100+.
- A solid knowledge of ETL tools.
- Understanding of how to deal with larger data sets and parallel computing problems.
Granify merges machine intelligence and digital psychology to automatically increase sales for retailers. This is the future and it’s an exceptionally interesting world to delve into every day! Our mission is to provide the ultimate experience for every shopper at any given point in time and, in doing so, completely redefine the trillion-dollar e-commerce market. We hope you can help us achieve this ambitious mission!
Granify is backed by early investors in Tesla, Facebook, SpaceX, AirBnB, Pinterest, Palantir, Alibaba, and Yelp and won Top E-Commerce Solution and Top Digital Startup at the DAA Awards!