Granify is a rapidly growing technology company at the intersection of e-commerce, machine intelligence, and psychology. We’ve received investment from top investors, built a world-class team and a world-class product, and in the last year alone we generated over $650 million in incremental sales for many of the world\'s largest retailers!
We’re searching for a Director of Engineering who values mastery, authenticity, and positivity to help build and grow our product. Working with our sales, client success, and development teams, you\'ll get a chance to form a key part of the leadership team and will be responsible for end-to-end technology strategy, delivery and the engineering team.
This is a full-time position. We are centrally located in Edmonton, but remote applications will also be considered.
- Lead, manage, mentor, and develop teams of managers, software engineers, and quality engineers to grow your team members’ career paths.
- Collaborate effectively with directors of product, product managers, QA, architecture, security, and DevOps teams using lean software development, DevOps, and agile principles to deliver software in a B2B SaaS product.
- Recruit, hire and retain software engineering staff by participating in recruiting and interview efforts.
- Work with other engineering managers and senior engineering leaders to continuously invest in and improve the engineering department processes, practices and culture.
- Advocate for software product quality and delivery by promoting automated testing, CI/CD, DevOps, and lean software development practices.
- Cultivate an engineering culture of innovative, egoless, high trust problem-solving.
- Work with other departments as needed to collaborate on projects that span outside of engineering (HR, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, etc.).
- Minimum of 8 years of software development experience in the Data/Analytics industry.
- Minimum of 5 years managing highly technical resources and engineers in the Data/Analytics industry with a clear impact towards achieving business goals.
- Low to high level skills around handling customer data, metrics, and transactions, including SQL, R, Java, GIT, etc.
- Architecture abilities and the capacity to design resilient distributed systems that are flexible and scalable.
- Demonstrable past experience with Agile methodologies, with focus on data-driven experimentation, lean thinking and quick iterations.
- Proven track record of creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes.
- Coached and mentored engineers (and ideally other managers) in their careers, acting as a true multiplier across the organization.
- Ability to stay calm and deal well with ambiguity, acting as a pragmatic unblocker of your teams and the organization as a whole.
- Team-focused and people-centric, able to give feedback as well as receive it
- Eager to have a clear, measurable impact, through the teams you lead, on the company’s business goals.
- Able to excel in a fast-paced, collaborative and constantly changing workplace.
- Experience building and scaling teams in a high-growth startup situation. Specifically growing a team from ~50 to 100+.
- Proven ability to influence others and facilitate agreement among stakeholders with different interests.
Granify merges machine intelligence and digital psychology to automatically increase sales for retailers. This is the future and it’s an exceptionally interesting world to delve into every day! Our mission is to provide the ultimate experience for every shopper at any given point in time and, in doing so, completely redefine the trillion-dollar e-commerce market. We hope you can help us achieve this ambitious mission!
Granify is backed by early investors in Tesla, Facebook, SpaceX, AirBnB, Pinterest, Palantir, Alibaba, and Yelp and won Top E-Commerce Solution and Top Digital Startup at the DAA Awards!