Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Full Stack Developers - The Future of Banking
We can transform banking, reimagine it, make banking work for people. We’re on a journey to make meaningful impacts on an industry that has the power to transform a person’s life. When we talk about transformation at ATB Financial, we’re not just talking about pie in the sky ideas, we’re listening and collaborating to bring those ideas to life. To put it simply, we’re on a mission to reinvent how banking can support people's lives. We’re going to provide meaningful solutions to problems, deepen our connection with customers and while we’re at it, transform ourselves from the inside out.
We need collaborative visionaries and executors who are eager to listen to our customers in order to do things other banks wouldn’t do. We’re building a team of relentless, passionate and inquisitive ATB transformers to build our bench strength in disrupting ourselves before we get disrupted.
Want to be a part of our story? If you’re looking for an organization where you can use your talents to do remarkable things, you may be the alpha to our beta and we encourage you to read on.
We’re invested in transparency being a key part of our recruitment process, so we encourage you to check out and join our Team Transformation Talent Community on LinkedIn to gain real insight on our culture and what it's really like to be an ATB Transformer. You can check it out and join us at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13551363.
Also, to learn more our work and the transformative projects we have on the go connect with us at https://atbalphabeta.com/.
Are you willing and wanting to dive headfirst into the future? Do you love bringing new ideas to the table and taking products to unimaginable places? Do you believe software development is more than just writing code? If yes, we have the job for you.
ATB’s Innovation Team is seeking software engineers who are versatile, possess a broad set of technical skills, and are motivated to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
YOUR MISSION: DESIGN THE FUTURE
Develop next generation product and services that have the potential to change the lives of millions of people, globally.
Core areas of responsibility include:
- Contributing to ATB’s innovation agenda and roadmap
- Understand where software solutions can deliver against that roadmap
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Participate in stand-ups / daily scrums, etc. with other delivery team members and have shared accountability for building world class solutions to the customer problems identified
As the ideal candidate you possess:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 3 years software development experience, with a strong understanding of what it means to work in open source
- Degree in Computer Science preferred
- Experience in at minimum both web and mobile application development
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Able to work in Agile DevOps environments
- Possess a product-oriented mindset with the ability to think beyond the task at hand and see the bigger picture, the way an end user sees it
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects and deliverables in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to collaborate across teams of engineers, designers, user experience specialists, data scientists, product managers, and more
- Comfortable navigating and embracing ambiguity
- A fast learner, ready to master new technologies and methods as we scale
- Bonus points if you’ve built a startup, can demonstrate your unique contributions to open source projects and/or have experience with human interface/human UX
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- You focus on impact over hard work: what isn't of a concern is the hours you work, but your results and impact on team members and customers
- You like to solve difficult problems, together: no one said transforming banking was going to be easy, but we’re collectively reimagining it and there are no solo heroes welcome
- You operate with a mentality of Build-Measure-Learn: our agile mindset is not just for our technical teams, it's a mindset that every one of us is asked to operate from. We move fast, we make mistakes but we measure the impact, learn, grow and change as a result
- You focus on 10X and leave the incremental thinking at home: if something doesn't have significant impact, you are the person to challenge whether or not it's worth doing
- You do it with passion or not at all: you’re inspired by our purpose and you see the link between yourself and the work you are doing to transform banking
- You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable: we won’t always have the answers and change is a constant in our world. As a Transformer you trust in our vision and own an attitude of willingness and patience
As a team member with the Transformation team at ATB, you can expect:
- No day will ever be the same - we’re learning, iterating and making big steps towards our vision of transforming an entire industry, everyday
- The ability to grow a career within an inspiring, impact focused culture where you are surrounded by changemakers and leaders that empower you to use your voice to make banking work for people
- To be a part of the energy of an organization that is unlike any other, where you may pinch yourself on the daily and wonder how you got so lucky
- Bragging rights! You get to call yourself a Transformer and an ATBer and know you play a direct role in helping us become a cutting edge financial institution (it’s going to feel more like a technology company, but either way it’s hella cool.)
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives.