LPi Group is a Creative Engagement agency with over 25 years’ experience in delivering solutions to some of the largest company’s in Canada and the United States. Primarily promoting in store sales and customer retention through Shopper engagement programs and marketing campaigns.
As the agency develops a suite of digital services to offer our current and future clients, we’re looking to find, and work with, the right people as part of our digital team. Currently, were looking for a Full Stack Open Source Developer to join us in Calgary.
This individual will excel in a fast paced and agile environment where development priorities often change due to shifting business needs. As a part of our team, this individual will be helping develop applications through agile project management processes and working closely with other areas of the company to understand needs and deliver holistic solutions. As well as bring fresh ideas on how technology can be used to solve big problems.
Type of Work We Do
At LPi Group we work on a wide array of projects. From simple email marketing campaigns to complex SAAS applications. We focus on the strategy and execution of digital marketing through a base of solid technical know-how and systematic approaches to delivering the best online marketing services possible.
We also develop business solutions to our clients marketing problems such as the development of custom lead generation applications and online e-commerce solutions.
If you're looking to broaden your abilities in online application development we've got a bit of everything for you!
Reporting directly to the Digital Director, the Full Stack Open Source Developer will carry the responsibility of completing custom web application development, testing, documentation, and adding extra functionality to existing systems.
This individual will act as the technical lead on specific projects, ensuring the systems functionality is completed bug free and delivered on time in a solid release state. As the lead, this individual will be involved in the initial planning and scoping of the system to ensure technical compliance and budget and timing are scoped correctly from the onset of the project.
Working with the Apache and Linux environments, this individual will work on a team with project managers, designers, front-end developers and other full stack developers. A test-driven-development approach to creating, enhancing project assignment, performing updates on existing website and meeting deadlines is how LPi Group delivers quality digital services.
Some other elements of the position:
- Implementing content management systems for backend data storage (e.g. SilverStripe, Drupal, WordPress)
- Write clean, testable, and maintainable code in accordance with the specific frameworks schema
- Collaborating with the rest of the Digital team to produce responsive and elegant cross-browser interfaces
- Develop functional tests and test plans where appropriate
- Assist with task generation, estimation and project planning
- Write developer level documentation
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum 6 years of PHP Web development experience
- Experience with Linux/Open Source software and web server configuration and management.
- Excellent knowledge in Open source frameworks (ideally CakePHP, SilverStripe, Zend, Drupal & WordPress)
- Experience creating data-driven applications using databases, web sockets, JSON, REST APIs, etc
- Experience with relational databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Object oriented software design and analysis.
- Experience with Ecommerce solutions
- Experience developing unit tests with a test-driven coding style
- Experience with source control management systems such as GIT / SVN (we version everything we do)
- Experience with 3rd Party API integrations (e.g. Google, Facebook, Twitter, TribeHR, Stripe, Mandrill, CDN applications, and Custom API’s)
- Mobile web development experience
Nice to Haves
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in computer science, engineering, or related field an asset.
- Experience working within an Agile development environment.
- Experience with cloud based services (AWS).
- jQuery / backboneJS / Angular.
- Experience working with large datasets and complex queries / reporting.
- Familiarity with NoSQL solutions (mongodb / redis).
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails
- Understanding of open source projects like Joomla, Wikis, osCommerce, etc
- Experience with Python, Java, or .Net (VB or C#)
- Mobile app development
- Experience developing SaaS platforms
The team member we want
- Professional, reliable, and possessing a strong work ethic
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced environment outside of normal working hours where required
- Extreme attention to detail and consistency
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple project tasks and delivering them on time, to spec and with an appropriate level of communication
- Interest in staying up to date on the latest web technologies
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to contribute to and influence the direction of projects and feature development
- Strong team player with a proven ability to work collaboratively with many types of cultures and personalities
- 16 PTO days
- Bonus Compensation Plan (Personal, Office, Company based plan)
- Competitive Group Health Benefits Plan
- Retirement contribution matching
- Local Candidates only
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested? Then apply at http://lpi-group.com/