AppCarousel is the leader in end-to-end app management platforms for connected devices. The AppCarousel platform delivers a seamless, integrated solution to securely distribute, update, control and manage any kind of downloadable software or digital asset. AppCarousel provides curated app stores and software marketplaces, developer programs, and the merchandising and monetization of apps. AppCarousel serves businesses in market sectors including connected cars and fleets, smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, and the growing number of devices connected through the Internet of Things. AppCarousel has offices in Calgary and San Francisco and a global team to serve its worldwide customers.
We are rapidly growing and have an exciting opportunity for an energetic super-star who is looking to grow their career. We are looking for an ambitious and forward-thinking team player who can contribute to the development of new and innovative native iOS apps, while working closely with product managers, designers, architects and other developers. This position offers you the opportunity to make a huge impact on our future, we want you to help us grow, be our next frontrunner, jump right in and make a difference.
What We Do:
- Create, grow and manage a distributed network of marketplaces and apps
- Design the future of application delivery with the world’s top tech companies
- Solve new and interesting problems in large-scale distributed systems, billing, and subscriptions services
What You Will Do:
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of new and native iOS apps
- Proactively and efficiently finding innovative ways to improve app efficiency and functionality
- Researching and evaluating the latest mobile industry trends and technologies
- Contribute to a team that designs, develops, builds, improves, and maintains apps
- Working across a wide range of projects, each with specific functional and feature requirements
- Taking responsibility and ownership for the code you deliver
What Skills We Require:
- At least 5 years of software development experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of developing for iOS, including usage of the SDK, Swift, Objective-C, Cocoa, and Xcode across both iPhone and iPad.
- Understanding and experience with Apple development tools, such as Cocoa Touch and Core Data.
- Familiarity with version control (Git) and the software development process.
- General knowledge of the Apple ecosystem and common tools, libraries, and services.
- Experience working with agile (preferably Scrum) methodology.
- Ability to go from mock-up to adaptive iOS UI, including an understanding of Apple’s design patterns.
- Worked with continuous integration and testing tools, such as TestFlight, Ship.io, Jenkins.
- Familiarity with integration of back-end services (using APIs) to power iOS apps.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing complex architectures, including an understanding of client-server developments in a mobile context.
- Launched at least a few apps into the Apple App Store.
- Clear communication skills in code and in writing.
- Experience in developing custom services an asset (Java, node, etc.).
- Experience developing across multiple OS types (Android, Windows, Web) and device types (smartphone, tablet, PC, TV, watch, auto) an asset.