We’re looking for an open source web developer who wants to join a dynamic, fast-growing team of digital solution providers and marketers.
LPi Group has provided digital, and marketing solutions to clients for over 25 years. This includes some of the largest global consumer companies, such as Coca-Cola, Kraft Heinz, Monster Energy, and numerous smaller and local businesses such as Hockey Calgary, Hockey Canada, Calgary Stampede Lotteries, FaceAtelier, Eighth Avenue Place, and many more.
In recent history, LPi Group has extended its digital services offerings to include a wider array of digital marketing services and a broader approach to development projects. Expanding our expertise from web development to application development, allows us to solve internal business problems for existing clients and local startup businesses.
We are looking for an Open Source Web Developer to join our agile team and become an integral role in the planning and development of future applications and marketing solutions. In particular, the ideal candidate will be responsible for leading development on various projects.
This individual will excel in a fast-paced and agile environment where development priorities often change due to shifting business needs. As a part of our team, this individual will not only develop applications through agile software development processes, but will work closely with other areas of the company to deliver holistic solutions and bring fresh ideas on how technology can be used to solve bigger problems.
Type of Work We Do
At LPi Group, we handle a wide array of digital projects. From simple email marketing campaigns to complex SAAS applications, we focus on the strategy and execution of digital marketing through a base of solid technical know-how and systematic approaches to delivering the best online marketing services possible.
We pride ourselves on developing comprehensive business solutions, such as the development of custom lead generation applications and online e-commerce systems, to solve client marketing problems.
If you're looking to broaden your abilities in online application development, and collaborate with a great team while you’re at it, you’re what we’re looking for. This position is a great opportunity to develop in multiple frameworks, and apply a vast array of technical solutions that allow you to develop a well-rounded approach and understanding of your craft.
Reporting directly to the Digital Director, the Open Source Developer will carry the responsibility of completing custom web application development, testing, documentation, and adding additional functionality to existing systems.
This individual will act as the technical lead on specific projects, ensuring the systems functionality is completed bug-free and delivered on time in a solid release state. As the lead, this individual will be involved in the initial planning and scoping of the system to ensure technical compliance, budget and timing are scoped correctly from the onset of the project.
Working with the Apache and Linux environments, this individual will work on a team with project managers, designers, front-end developers and other full stack developers. A test-driven-development approach to creating, enhancing project assignment, performing updates on existing website and meeting deadlines is how LPi Group delivers quality digital services.
Some other elements of the position:
- Implementing content management systems for backend data storage (e.g. SilverStripe, Drupal, WordPress)
- Write clean, testable, and maintainable code in accordance with the specific frameworks schema
- Collaborating with the rest of the Digital team to produce responsive and elegant cross-browser interfaces
- Develop functional tests and test plans where appropriate
- Assist with task generation, estimation and project planning
- Write developer level documentation
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum 4-6 years of PHP Web development experience
- Experience with Linux/Open Source software and web server configuration/management.
- Excellent knowledge in Open source frameworks (especially CakePHP 2/3, SilverStripe, Zend 2/3, & WordPress)
- Experience creating data-driven applications using databases, web sockets, JSON, REST APIs, etc
- Experience with relational databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Object oriented software design and analysis.
- Experience with source control management systems such as GIT / SVN (we version everything we do)
- Experience with 3rd Party API integrations (e.g. Google, Facebook, Twitter, TribeHR, Stripe, Mandrill, CDN, and Custom API’s)
- Mobile web development experience
Nice to Haves
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in computer science, engineering, or related field is an asset
- Experience working within an Agile development environment
- Experience with e-commerce solutions
- Experience developing unit tests with a test-driven coding style
- Experience with cloud based services (AWS)
- jQuery / backboneJS / Angular
- Experience working with large datasets and complex queries / reporting
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails
- Understanding of open source projects like Joomla, Wikis, osCommerce, etc.
- Mobile app development
- Experience developing SaaS platforms
The team member we want
- Professional, reliable, and possessing a strong work ethic
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Extreme attention to detail and consistency to minimize errors
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to manage multiple project tasks and delivering them on time, to spec and with an appropriate level of communication
- Interest in staying up-to-date on the latest web technologies
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to contribute to and influence the direction of projects and feature development
- Strong team player with a proven ability to work collaboratively with many types of cultures and personalities
- Full-time on-site position, Monday to Friday
- 16 PTO days
- Bonus Compensation Plan (Personal, Office, Company based plan)
- Competitive Group Health Benefits Plan
- Retirement contribution matching
- Local candidates only
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com.