gskinner is an award-winning digital studio in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We are a team of 15 talented, passionate professionals who get out of bed every day eager to work with each other and create innovative digital solutions that expand creative and technical boundaries.
We work collaboratively with great clients who appreciate our thoughtful approach to problem solving, our craft, and approach to design that enables us to create industry-leading websites, applications, and experiences using a wide variety of leading-edge and emerging technologies.
Who you are
We’re looking for a product designer to join our team. When working on client projects you’ll work closely with our clients to help them create world-class solutions and experiences.
Our team is a collaborative one and you’re able to work with our project managers, developers and other designers to create a product that can meet the needs of our clients. You’re passionate about design but also about personal growth and can leverage PD time to explore new processes, design tools, or emerging trends.
Our designers contribute to all stages of the design process, working closely with our Senior Designer, Project Managers, and developers to craft a vision for the experiences we create.
What we're looking for
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates digital products or experiences that you have helped to launch for clients
- You are passionate about combining visual, UI/UX, and motion design to create delightful and memorable experiences.
- You apply thoughtful rationale throughout a project's design process, including sketching, wireframing, creating high fidelity comps, and prototyping
- You’ve worked with design systems: creating, maintaining and expanding them to meet the goals of a project.
- You have a high level understanding of the development process and the impact design decisions have on technical implementation.
- You’ve created succinct hand-off documents for stakeholders, project managers and developers
- You have experience with modern design tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, InVision, Miro
- You’re familiar with handoff software to document apps, experiences or design systems like Zeplin or Abstract
- Familiarity with bug bases and agile/kanban is a plus.
We strive to create an environment we’d want to work in (after all, we do).
- Small (~15) and super-capable and creative team, with a genuine passion for the work we do.
- Stable and mature workplace, with 20 years of experience delivering successfully with minimal stress.
- Top tier clients: Microsoft, Google, Disney, National Film Board, NASCAR, and more.
- Diverse projects: Apps, tools/frameworks, VR, games, and interactive experiences.
- Flexible hours and a strong focus on work/life balance.
- Fun, friendly, inclusive, supportive workplace.
- Up-front and ongoing training, regular check-ins, professional development time, collaboration, and mentorship from industry pros.
- Profit-sharing, health benefits, competitive salaries.
- Active participation in the industry and open source.
- We're currently fully remote, but actively try to create opportunities for collaborating/interacting both online and in-person (when appropriate/responsible).
- Our team started in Edmonton but has spread throughout Alberta & BC.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Please provide a link to your design portfolio
- UX Design: 1 year (preferred)