Senior Operations Manager
(2-Year Maternity Leave Contract)
FKA is seeking a full-time Senior Operations Manager for a 2-year maternity leave contract with 7 or more years of progressive experience in operations roles. Preference is for a candidate in Edmonton but remote work from other locations in Alberta is a possibility.
FKA is a marketing and communications agency headquartered in Edmonton with employees in Calgary and Toronto. Our mission is to ‘Execute Ambition’ on behalf of our clients and all 36 incredible people who work here. We see the potential in every person, organization and community — we channel our collective talents to help each one of them shine. We’re proud of the creative and collaborative culture we’ve built and with every hire we get a little stronger and a lot more fun.
At FKA, you will collaborate closely with the members of the Leadership and Service Delivery teams to increase efficiency and streamline processes so that we can do better, higher-value work for our clients while making work easier and less stressful for our team.
- Working closely with the president and other department leaders to set agency goals and make plans aligned with agency profitability and stability
- Monitoring and supporting the overall efficiency of the agency’s efforts across all departments, as well as the profitability of projects as measured by company-wide average project gross margin
- Providing mentoring to administrative team members
- Ensuring administrative team work is distributed and delegated evenly
- Helping administrative team resolve critical department issues
- Ultimately responsible for:
- Overall employee satisfaction of the administrative team as measured by semi-annual employee Pulse surveys;
- Overall employee growth of administrative team members as measured by development planning outcomes; and
- Retention of administrative team members as measured by 24-month turnover.
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Process design skills
- Policy planning skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Financial planning, auditing and budgeting skills
- Ability to identify opportunities — including improvements to existing processes, or identifying areas where new processes may be useful, as well as identifying opportunities where we could increase efficiencies on a macro or micro level
The FKA team is currently working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and we won’t be mandating a return to work until we’re confident it’s safe to do so from a health and safety standpoint, as well as that there is no undue burden on parents who have opted for remote schooling for their children. For the time being, team members have the option of working from our Edmonton office up to two days per week. Following a more formal return to work, FKA intends to continue with a hybrid work arrangement with staff dividing their time between work-from-home and in-person work at the office.
FKA offers an exciting, fast-paced, collaborative, and highly supportive agency environment. We start most days with a morning scrum to collaboratively manage capacity and risks, and we solicit feedback from team members regularly with weekly surveys and monthly check-ins. Team members are provided with competitive compensation, health benefits and opportunities for professional development and networking.
FKA is one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies — we’ve been listed on the 2018, 2019 and 2020 GROWTH list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by Canadian Business and Maclean’s. We boast a stellar team of some of the best and brightest in the business and have been recognized with awards from the Advertising Club of Edmonton, Digital Alberta and International Association of Business Communicators.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to improving diversity in our workplace and industry.
If you’re interested in joining a great team, please send your cover letter and resume with "Senior Operations Manager" in the subject line to email@example.com no later than 5pm on Tuesday, August 31, 2021.