Do you have a passion for social media and storytelling? Covenant Health has an intermediate-level opportunity for an individual who is responsible for the daily management of our social media communities. Reporting to the Manager, Storytelling and Social Media, the advisor plans and creates compelling content that tells our story to help build stronger community engagement with target audiences. The advisor is a strategic thinker who enjoys staying up-to-date on current best practices and can confidently customize content for each platform. The ideal candidate has experience with editorial planning, monitoring and measurement and is comfortable with change. This role also contributes engaging and informative stories for various channels, including Covenant Health’s online brand newsroom, The Vital Beat. Some video production and editing skills would be considered an asset. This role will also be involved in helping to empower our teams to better tell our story. This role will support communications planning and other communications work as required.
The social media and storytelling advisor is an integral member of the communications team. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement social media plans.
- Contribute to the overarching social media strategy.
- Day-to-day management and monitoring of social media accounts.
- Develop and deliver an editorial calendar and content that is in alignment with the Covenant Health brand and follows best practices.
- Monitor and evaluate online content. Measure and analyze impact.
- Proactively monitor content trends and innovations, identifying opportunities.
- Develop and deliver a social ambassador plan.
- Contribute to storytelling channels by creating compelling news and human interest stories.
- Support teams and leaders as they develop their social media skills.
Post-secondary degree in journalism, public relations, communications or marketing required. Diploma or continuing education in digital media considered an asset. A minimum three years of experience using digital/social media in a professional environment is required. A combination of relevant education and work experience will be considered.
- Experience developing, implementing and evaluating strategic plans for integrated digital/social media channels required
- Expertise managing day-to-day demands of social media platforms including: third party applications, metrics and analytics and content development
- Ability to generate and produce compelling social media and storytelling content
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work individually and in an integrated team environment
- Ability to discern public information and conversations for relevance
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, flexible
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experienced writer who can produce clean copy
- Photography and video skills considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience in delivering training, presentations and/or coaching is an asset
- Some issues management experience considered an asset
- Communications planning an asset
- Experience working with content management systems considered an asset
- Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license (travel between Covenant Health sites is required).
Covenant Health provides a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for all eligible staff. Benefit offerings include but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Supplementary Health, Dental, & Travel
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Perks & Incentives