ABOUT EVANS HUNT
Evans Hunt is not your typical digital agency. We’re part of our community, and seek to make Calgary a more connected place for everyone. We don’t claim to be all-seeing and all-knowing, and can poke fun at ourselves every now and then, but we are experts in our own right. We’re made up of intensely smart and driven people who love what we do, and that translates into thoughtful, effective digital strategy for our clients. It’s our belief that technology and creativity have the power to change the world, and if you feel the same way, let’s chat.
Did you know three billion users are now using social media? We bet you did. But that doesn’t mean your content stops there. Social media plays an increasingly important role in today’s world of content, and we’re looking for someone who’s got the strategic chops to make our clients’ content work harder and more seamlessly across different channels.
The Social Media Director needs to jump in early on an engagement to assess a client’s social presence, and then offer strategic recommendations on how to take their social campaigns and content to the next level.. You’re a natural leader who will be building a practice, and hopefully a team at Evans Hunt.
- Minimum 5 years experience in social media and digital content marketing.
- Minimum 3 years agency experience.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media and messaging platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Snapchat, Pinterest, and whatever comes next.
- Skilled at using third-party social media publishing and analytics tools like Sprout Social.
- Experience with social media ad buys and promoted content.
- Familiar with SEO tactics for web content.
- Strategic thinker with a knack for finding creative ways to position clients’ content and voice.
- Ability to command a room and articulate in writing and in person.
- Strong mentorship and teaching skills.
- Happy working alone, collaboratively, and across several teams.
- Experience with basic photo editing and social asset creation is a plus.
- Diploma or degree in marketing, design, communications, journalism, or related field.
- Work closely with clients and internal teams to create, execute, and measure both paid and organic content strategies across various channels.
- Be the strategic voice for social media within the agency, and to prospective and current clients.
- Produce social media-focused business proposals for clients.
- Create and manage multiple content calendars for any number of accounts.
- Create and execute paid social media campaigns.
- Explore new ways to reach, target, and spark conversations with our clients’ audience.
- Provide cadenced social reports to garner insights for our clients and, when necessary, quickly pivot strategy to maximize results.
- Review and edit content for consistency in tone, grammar, and overall alignment to greater strategy.
- Stay on top of key industry trends and best practices.