Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Software Engineer-Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence| ATB Innovation
We’re passionate about creating the future . We love rolling up our sleeves and building meaningful innovations at the intersection of humans and technology. We’re forever tinkering with ideas, products and technologies - and - always pushing the boundaries of what could be. We create because it’s a calling, not a job. We breath creativity and diversity - together they make the rocket fuel of innovation. We are global citizens.
ABOUT: ATB INNOVATION
Working at the intersection of science, technology, engineering, math, and creativity, ATB Innovation is looking beyond incremental improvements to what already exists, and reimagining and revolutionizing what’s to come. This means innovating and exploring the future of money in the broadest sense.
As we continue to check traditional disciplines at the door, ATB Innovation works side by side to invent - and reinvent - how humans experience technology, and ATB creates its future.
Are you willing and wanting to dive headfirst into the future? Do you love bringing new ideas to the table and taking products to unimaginable places? Do you believe software development is more than just writing code? If yes, we have the job for you.
ATB Innovation Team is seeking a Software Engineer-Machine learning/Artificial Intelligence to jump in and help us lead the way in creating enterprise applications leveraging the many emerging technologies.
YOUR MISSION: DESIGN THE FUTURE
Develop next generation Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence product and services that have the potential to change the lives of millions of people, globally.
You will find success based on your abilities in the following areas:
- Building PoCs to evaluate various use cases using Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- Brainstorm and help evaluate use cases and opportunities
- Contribute to ATB’s innovation agenda and roadmap
- Understand where Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence solutions can deliver against that roadmap
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Participate in stand-ups / daily scrums, etc. with other delivery team members and have shared accountability for building world class solutions to the customer problems identified
- 3+ years software development experience, with a strong understanding of what it means to work in open source
- Degree in Computer Science preferred
- Degree in Mathematics
- Experience in developing machine learning/artificial intelligence solutions
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed ex. Matlab
- Advanced understanding of probability and statistics
- Proven experience creating and applying machine learning algorithms
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Able to work in Agile DevOps environments
- Possess a product-oriented mindset with the ability to think beyond the task at hand and see the bigger picture, the way an end user sees it
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects and deliverables in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to collaborate across teams of engineers, designers, user experience specialists, data scientists, product managers, and more
- Comfortable navigating and embracing ambiguity
- A fast learner, ready to master new technologies and methods as we scale
- Bonus points if you’ve built a startup, can demonstrate your unique contributions to open source projects and/or have experience with human interface/human UX
- You focus on impact over hard work: what isn't of a concern is the hours you work, but your results and impact on team members and customers
- You like to solve difficult problems, together: no one said transforming banking was going to be easy, but we’re collectively reimagining it and there are no solo heroes welcome
- You operate with a mentality of Build-Measure-Learn: our agile mindset is not just for our technical teams, it's a mindset that every one of us is asked to operate from. We move fast, we make mistakes but we measure the impact, learn, grow and change as a result
- You focus on 10X and leave the incremental thinking at home: if something doesn't have significant impact, you are the person to challenge whether or not it's worth doing
- You do it with passion or not at all: you’re inspired by our purpose and you see the link between yourself and the work you are doing to transform banking
- No day will ever be the same - we’re learning, iterating and making big steps towards our vision of transforming an entire industry, everyday
- The ability to grow a career within an inspiring, impact focused culture where you are surrounded by changemakers and leaders that empower you to use your voice to make banking work for people
- To be a part of the energy of an organization that is unlike any other, where you may pinch yourself on the daily and wonder how you got so lucky
- Bragging rights! You get to call yourself a Transformer and an ATBer and know you play a direct role in helping us become a cutting edge financial institution (it’s going to feel more like a technology company, but either way it’s hella cool.)