Wmode is a fast paced, Calgary-based app management company. We have a passionate and entrepreneurial team who is making waves in the app economy by delivering custom app and content distribution systems to a number of large organizations. This includes the evolving mobile device, connected car, enterprise, and TV markets.
We are rapidly growing and have an exciting opportunity for an energetic super-star who is looking to grow their career. We are looking for an ambitious and forward-thinking team player who can contribute to the development of new and innovative native Android apps, while working closely with product managers, designers, architects and other developers. This position offers you the opportunity to make a huge impact on our future, we want you to help us grow, be our next frontrunner, jump right in and make a difference.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of new and native Android apps.
- Proactively and efficiently finding innovative ways to improve app efficiency and functionality.
- Researching and evaluating the latest mobile industry trends and technologies.
- Contribute to a team that designs, develops, builds, improves, and maintains apps.
- Working across a wide range of projects, each with specific functional and feature requirements.
- Taking responsibility and ownership for the code you deliver.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can successfully communicate and interact with other people, both individually and in groups, internally and externally.
- Has clear understanding of the process needed to create a user friendly experience and the steps necessary to achieve Wmode’s and our customer’s goals.
- Has a keen understanding of the current design trends and process that will ensure Wmode’s experiences are up to date with the market and comparable applications and sites available.
- Fosters a continuous improvement mindset; constantly looking for new, innovative ways of doing things.
- Has a strong interest in producing high quality work product with a focus on continual improvement.
- Exhibits excellent organization, presentation and time management skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Can display patience, humor and helpfulness at all times.
- Has a dynamic, energetic, positive outlook with the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
We would like you to have:
- At least 2 years of software development experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of developing for Android, including usage of the SDK, Java, Android Studio, NDK, and Gradle.
- Understanding and experience with Google services, including Mobile and Play.
- Familiarity with version control (Git) and the software development process.
- General knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and common tools, libraries, and services.
- Experience working with agile (preferably Scrum) methodology.
- Ability to go from mock-up to Android UI using XML, including an understanding of Material design.
- Worked with continuous integration and testing tools, such as Ship.io and Jenkins.
- Familiarity with integration of back-end services (using APIs) to power Android apps.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing complex architectures.
- Launched at least a few apps into Google Play
- Clear communication skills in code and in writing.
- Experience in developing custom services an asset (Java, node, etc.).
- Experience developing across multiple OS types (iOS, Windows, Web) and device types (smartphone, tablet, PC, TV) an asset.
Please send your resume to email@example.com