You like leading the way. We like going places.
Starburst is looking for a strong technical leader to take our development team to the next level. Someone to give us a sound base in the development process while leading from the front.
Here’s your opportunity to make a big impact in an agency exploding with growth and opportunity.
On your watch, you will:
- Lead and mentor our development team to bring our design team’s visions to life
- Meet with clients to determine technical requirements
- Work with our account team to provide realistic timelines
- Be responsible for timelines and progress
- Create and foster a collaborative and engaged engineering culture
- Research new technologies to determine the best tools for upcoming projects
- Champion best practice development methodologies to create high quality reusable code
- Actively review development processes and provide recommendations on enhancements and optimization
- Write code!
- Minimum 10 years software development experience
- Minimum 2 years in a leadership role
- Strong knowledge of software development processes
- Strong knowledge of LAMP stack
- Experience with GitHub Flow
- Experience with continuous integration (Jenkins, Hudson)
- Experience with automated testing (Selenium, Nightwatch, WebdriverIO)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Single Page Applications (AngularJS, React)
- Grunt or Gulp
- Ruby on Rails
- DevOps experience
- SEO experience
Starburst Creative, is Edmonton’s fastest growing advertising and interactive agency. Our award winning agency integrates design, technology and communications to solve business and marketing problems for a diverse group of local and national clients.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter via email@example.com with “Development Lead” in the subject line by 5pm Friday, April 28.