Hey! Paper Leaf is an award-winning digital product design firm located in Edmonton, AB. We design & develop innovative custom web applications, mobile applications and websites –and we are looking to add a full-time Digital Project Manager to our team to help us do that. We have a fun, relaxed & flexible environment that’s actually organized; a tight-knit team where your voice is heard; a variety of challenging, rewarding, and creative work; and room for professional development. It’s a good place to be, and while we're currently remote during the pandemic, we do anticipate working back in a traditional office space at least part-time, when we return. So, with that said, this is a remote position for now, but applicants should be from or willing to move to Edmonton, AB.
We work on challenging and interesting projects for clients across the globe, and you’ll be working on a team that really values putting great work out into the world – not one that is hellbent on burning you out and churning out as much work as possible. You can learn more about our work on the Portfolio page and our team on our About page, and get a good vibe of our culture from our Instagram feed, but generally speaking we pride ourselves on being nice people, talented in our roles, whose collective purpose is to build great things that people love.
As well, we believe that diversity in all regards contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently improve Paper Leaf and the work we do. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
The Digital Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of a project to a satisfied client. They are responsible for project resourcing (who is working on what, and for how long), project strategy, project budget, and client satisfaction. That includes: helping define schedules & roles; keeping projects on time & on budget; communicating with clients and internal team members; using (and helping improve) our systems and software we use for project management; reporting on project statuses; resource allocation and distribution and more.
Your role is absolutely integral to the success of the company and our projects. You’ll work within a set team of designers and developers, so you get to know and understand your teammates and clients as you complete projects together over time.
Are you the ideal candidate for this position? You are if you…
- are a critical thinker
- are an efficient worker
- are a problem solver – you approach near everything as a problem to be solved
- love working with people & have great people skills
- are an outstanding communicator, both written & verbally, and a great listener
- love to keep things organized, and have a sense in pride in doing so
- have a true appreciation for quality in all regards
- like to have fun.
The job duties for the project manager position involve:
- helping define project requirements & resources required
- setting project goals & expectations
- project implementation strategy & planning
- managing clients and project risk
- working with the team and client to create project schedules
- managing project tasks, schedules and milestones
- managing, monitoring, and forecasting project budgets
- organizing meetings, reviews, and external resources
- writing: meeting itineraries, meeting notes, daily comms, etc.
To be considered for the position, here’s what you’ll have:
- 2+ years experience as a Project Manager, Account Manager, Account Executive, or in a related role.
- strong writing skills
- very strong verbal communication & people skills
- strong critical thinking skills
- outstanding organizational skills
- great problem-solving skills
- comfort with Mac OSX as well as with general web technologies/software
- experience managing projects and/or multiple people
- ability to plan ahead and foresee challenges
If you don’t meet one or two of these requirements, but still feel you’d be a good fit, throw your hat in the mix anyway. You miss every shot you don’t take.
This full-time, salaried position is normally out of our downtown office in Edmonton, but we're all working from home for the foreseeable future due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We offer a relaxed working environment; flexible start and end times to your days, and the opportunity for 4 day weeks if you want; a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, benefits, vac time, and bonus structure; the opportunity to work on interesting, challenging, and meaningful projects; professional development opportunities; and more.
This position will remain open until filled. Please apply at the original posting. Thanks!