dynacor – learning evolved
If you have a passion for designing engaging and effective eLearning, this job may just be what you’re looking for. In this role, you will develop courses and manage projects that educate our clients’ workforce, change worker behaviour, improve their safety, reduce company downtime and save them money.
dynacor is an Edmonton based leader in the eLearning solutions market. Our engaging learning content helps clients solve their training and orientation needs. dynacor crafts innovative learning solutions by integrating the science of learning design with the art of storytelling, to captivate, educate, and motivate learners. We excel at combining the right mix of video production, 3D modelling, animation, virtual reality, and interactive programming to maximize training effectiveness for our top-level petrochemical and petroleum, utility, manufacturing, government, and educational clients. We are always on the hunt for innovative ways to capture our learners’ minds, improve our processes, and ultimately exceed the expectations of our clients.
dynacor is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, and innovative Learning Designer to guide our clients in evolving their training resources, content, and curriculum. Typically, our clients have already identified a need in their organization’s training. The dynacor Learning Designer needs to be adept at effectively capturing the learning needs of our clients’ businesses. Our ideal candidate is someone with broad experience and an agile mind, able to form effective learning solutions.
- Collaborate with client subject matter experts to develop, update and maintain training material
- Provide innovative approaches to learning by keeping current with new technologies that will support clients’ overall learning needs
- Conduct training needs assessments to identify required outcomes
- Develop learning objectives that drive course design, ensuring content and outcomes are targeted to the specific needs of the client/audience
- Conceptualize engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and knowledge transfer
- Apply tested instructional design theories, best practices and methods to design, develop, and implement superior learning solutions
- Think outside the box to design interactive exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Work together with the production team to implement new course material and approaches to learning
- Act as project leader in managing logistics, scheduling and directing the on-time and on-budget delivery of programs/products
- 3-5 years' experience in an Learning/Instructional Design role
- University Degree in Education or a related field, or a certification/designation in Adult Education
- Experience conducting training needs analysis
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and implement diverse training solutions
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts and video scripts
- Excellent understanding of adult learning theories and learning design methodologies
- Solid project management skills
- Well-developed communication and customer relations skills
- A passion for learning
- Process industry experience
- Project management certification