Covenant Health is growing its digital team. We are seeking a strong and confident communicator to join a team of self-driven, passionate and high-energy design, digital and communications specialists to provide leadership to the organization’s internal and external web communications efforts and support Covenant Health’s digital transformation.
Reporting to the Manager, Digital Communications & Creative Services, the Senior Advisor, Digital Communications contributes to the development and implementation of an overarching enterprise-wide digital communications strategy to support the Covenant mission and strategic plan.
The Senior Advisor is accountable for ongoing advising, consultation and leadership in the areas of digital communications, project management, communications, and internal communications. This position works closely with members of the Digital and Communications teams, clients and digital product owners in the planning, implementation and measurement of various initiatives.
The ideal candidate is a team player with a proactive, take-charge attitude. This person should have strong project management and problem-solving skills, a thorough understanding of web-based communication and user-centered design principles and the ability to work with a wide range of technical and non-technical professionals.
The senior advisor will champion the use of digital to support open communication, brand awareness and engagement. Key responsibilities include:
- Execute the digital communications strategy.
- Dive deep to understand the needs of internal and external users, stakeholders, and partners so we can develop communication solutions that are valuable, usable, and viable.
- Develop strategies to improve the usability and accessibility of our internal communication channels to support the employee experience.
- Support the development of a new corporate website by working with web service providers, consultants, and cross-functional teams to meet the defined needs of the organization.
- Write and edit communication materials for a variety of audiences and channels while maintaining standards for brand voice through all communications vehicles.
- Support the development of a digital governance strategy to encourage collaboration and best practices, resulting in a more consistent and coordinated approach to digital.
- Develop and implement communications strategies and tactics to demonstrate corporate accountability to internal and external stakeholders in alignment with Communications and Digital plans and organizational direction.
- Participate in committees providing expert advice from a communications and digital perspective.
- Pursue professional development to ensure currency of skills and to grow as a digital communications professional.
- Diploma or baccalaureate degree in communications, marketing, public relations, business or related field. Combination of education and work experience will be considered.
- Minimum five years of experience planning, implementing and evaluating strategic digital communications across web, mobile and/or social channels.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience managing projects from identification of business needs through to implementation and delivery. Experience managing website (re)design projects or any large-scale projects impacting a broad range of cross-functional teams an asset.
- Extensive experience in conceptualizing, developing and evaluating communications materials including communications strategies and tactics.
- Thorough understanding of web-based communication principles and best practices, including user-centered methodologies, responsive design, search engine optimization, web accessibility and usability.
- Must love talking and interacting with people to understand their needs, wants, and desires, and must be able to communicate those findings back. Experience engaging stakeholders in discovery activities (e.g. able to plan and lead/facilitate meetings and workshops) an asset.
- Demonstrated experience working with web analytics tools and other digital reporting, tracking and monitoring solutions to track effectiveness of digital channels and improve user experience for internal and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams to gather requirements and design solution.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, including potential competitive and conflicting priorities and time pressures. Exceptional attention to accuracy and detail.
- Strong commitment to personal development and participation in continuing education activities to enhance knowledge of digital marketing trends, best practices and new technologies.
- Healthcare and/or public sector environment experience
- Ability to thrive in a complex, fast-paced, change affected environment
- Experience with content management systems. Knowledge of OpenText, Umbraco and/or WordPress an asset
Covenant Health provides a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for all eligible staff. Benefit offerings include but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Supplementary Health, Dental and Travel Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Perks & Incentives