Please Note: This is a temporary opportunity ending on or before March 2022 with the possibility of extension.
The Centre for Innovative Media (CIM) at NAIT, requires a Senior Technical Lead to manage projects and provide technical guidance and expertise to other CIM staff including programmers, artists, and students. They will report into the Centre Manager and support project costing, proposal preparation, and administrative activities.
- Develops and manages project deliverables, milestones, and budgets
- Scopes and costs potential projects for industry clients and grant proposals
- Coaches and manages development teams, including software developers, artists, and students
- Coordinates with NAIT staff and faculty, students, and industry partners to produce outcomes identified for each project
- Closely collaborates with the Centre’s Manager and members of Industry Solutions’ Business Development and Sales Team to support Centre growth, new initiatives, and contributes to establishing new funding opportunities through grant and proposal writing
- Performs some financial reporting and other administrative duties as required
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical focus in design, animation, or other related field
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Understanding of C++ or C#
- Agile or SCRUM project management experience
- Experience working within Unity, potential additional experience using Unreal, Frostbite, Cryengine, or other is an asset
- Proficiency with at least one game engine (physics, AI, animation, networks, other)
- Minimum 3 years of directly related, industry, or applied research experience
- Experience with system design, instructional design, serious games, outcomes based online learning, 3D modeling, digital object stores, media rendering, sharing, workflows and distribution, machine learning, artificial intelligence, systems testing, hybrid on premise and cloud based solutions, and the application of these skills in industrial applications will be considered strong assets
Remuneration: $82,756 - $109,642 plus a comprehensive benefit package
Competition No. 221077 | Temporary Full-Time | Closing date: April 18, 2021
Thank you for your application however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from World Education Services or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) - http://work.alberta.ca/immigration/international-qualifications-assessment-service.html