Yardstick is a full‐service online training and testing software provider for Regulators, Associations, Corporations, Schools and Content Publishers. Since its inception in 2005, Yardstick has grown from a startup business to an industry leader that has been recognized by Venture Magazine for seven consecutive years as one of Alberta’s Top 25 Fastest Growing Companies. In 2015 Waterstone Human Capital recognized Yardstick as one of Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, an award we are most proud of.
At Yardstick, we are dedicated to our core values.
R Random Acts of Kindness
E Embrace the Entrepreneurial Spirit
A A Fearless pursuit of Excellence
C Customer Delight Heroes
H Honest & Empowered People
We are currently searching for a Web Developer & Designer to join our team. ____________________________________________________________________________________
Position: Web Developer & Designer
Classification: Full Time, permanent
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday
Proposed start date: November 16, 2016 or soon thereafter
We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded individual with the skills and experience to design and build e-commerce websites using our proprietary platform. We will take the time to train you and then set you loose on building a variety of sites that sell training and testing. The nature of this job really calls out for an organized and self-driven individual that will seek out the right balance between creativity and efficiency.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- 2+ years front-end web design/development experience
- Formal education in web development OR a portfolio of relevant work
- Confident ability to edit work with Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign,Photoshop and Illustrator
- Front-end development for new and existing sites
- Create innovative and engaging designs for responsive sites
- Work directly with the Marketing Manager, Senior Web Designer and Digital Marketing and E-commerce specialist
- Coordinate and execute the design and configuration of training e-commerce websites
- Custom platform settings (we will train you)
- An eye for the details
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects with various deadlines
- CMS Experience
- Creative problem solving
- Experience optimizing websites for search engines.
- E-commerce design experience
- Understanding of usability & UX design best practices
If you really want to stand out from the crowd, show us your design skills by redesigning one of the following outdated websites that operate on our training and testing platform:
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive $45,000 - $50,000 dependent on experience level
- Access to company provided group benefits program
We encourage all applications and would love to see some of the work you’ve done—please send applications with portfolio examples or references to https://yardsticksoftware.mytribehr.com/careers/view/70.