FKA is seeking a full-time Creative Director with 10 or more years of progressive experience in various leadership roles within advertising and marketing agencies. Preference is for a candidate in Edmonton, with the possibility of remote work from other major Canadian cities.
FKA is a marketing and communications agency headquartered in Edmonton with employees in Calgary and Toronto. Our mission is to ‘Execute Ambition’ on behalf of our clients and all 37 incredible people who are building their careers here. We see the potential in every person, organization and community — and we channel our collective talents to help each one of them shine. We’re proud of the creative and collaborative culture we’ve built, and with every hire we get a little stronger and a lot more fun.
As Creative Director, your role is to help lead and inspire a talented creative team to do the best work of their lives — all while helping to build strong, strategic partnerships with our clients. You’ll help shape the vision and direction of the creative department, work directly with the agency’s leadership team and ultimately be responsible for the quality (and on-brief) of all materials produced by the creative team. You have an understanding of the possibilities that the digital and interactive world holds for creativity and you shape big ideas with dogged determination. In doing so, you bring the broader agency team along with you — communicating, co-creating and ensuring the efficient use of resources to drive agency prosperity. You also know what it takes to win awards — lots of ‘em.
The Creative Director will report directly to the VP, Strategy, and be responsible for leading FKA’s creative department in creating award-winning work, growing its team strengths and building trust with our clients.
Candidates should possess:
- At least 10 years of experience in creative/design roles, preferably in an agency environment;
- At least 2 years in a management/leadership role;
- Proven track record of contributing to and leading various stages of advertising/marketing creative - from conceptualization to execution;
- Proven success developing and launching award-winning / best-in-class campaigns;
- Desire and ability to stay current with advertising/marketing creative methodologies, techniques, trends;
- Innovative and strategic creative leadership that contributes to the overall success of our clients and the growth of the agency;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain authentic, collaborative relationships with colleagues, clients and vendors;
- Experience leading innovative, creative projects with multiple internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; and
- Fluency in both copywriting and design, able to provide constructive feedback that improves the work and empowers team members.
Salary: $87,000 - $129,000
The FKA team is currently working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic and intends to continue with a hybrid home/office work arrangement.
FKA offers an exciting, fast-paced, collaborative, and highly supportive agency environment. We start every week with a morning scrum to collaboratively manage capacity and risks, and we solicit feedback from team members regularly with weekly surveys and monthly check-ins. Team members are provided with competitive compensation, health benefits and opportunities for professional development and networking.
We are an equal opportunity employer, deeply committed to improving diversity in our workplace and industry.
If you’re interested in joining a great team, please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio samples (along with roles) with "Creative Director" in the subject line to email@example.com no later than 5pm MST on May 31, 2022.