Wild Forest is on the lookout for an original thinker to join our creative team on a contract basis. The Designer is a valued contributor and core member of our creative team.
You're an original thinker that can translate strategic direction into visual and interactive form. You obsess over details from kerning to pixels and are a lover of grid systems. You want to spend your time working in a collaborative environment, designing anything from mood boards; interactive concepts; print material; photo retouching; application design and even the occasional animated GIF.
- You have a strong design portfolio with 1+ years of work experience
- You have 2+ years of education
- You have solid working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and the latest design toolsets
- You can articulate creative ideas
- You manage attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- You are interested in working on different kinds of projects
- You feel comfortable in a collaborative environment, and on your own
- You want to explore your inner spirit animal
- You are organized, reliable, and responsible
- You are timely and do what it takes to deliver great work
- You are passionate about design, interactivity, and the web
- You are actively exploring alternative artistic mediums and have an understanding of experiential design
- You have experience with prototyping tools and design applications like InVision, Adobe XD, Muse or Sketch
- Animation, motion graphics, and timeline editing knowledge in software such as either After Effects, Cinema 4D, or Premiere
- You have attended CAMP Festival in the past
Our designers are the breath of life at Wild Forest. You are at the root of bringing ideas to life and can expect to work closely with our team to create award-winning projects and have fun exploring the wild with people who value you.
The contract designer role has the potential to lead into full-time employment. Hours as well as location are flexible.
Your responsibilities will include concept design, prototyping, production design, and product testing.
The environment and your peers encourage you to experiment, further allowing for continuous skill development. As a bonus, you'll get to attend and participate behind the scenes in one of Canada's best creative technology, art and design festivals: CAMP.
Wild Forest values honesty, humility, creative exploration, and personal involvement in everything we do. We are an agile team working on a wide range of projects for art, entertainment, technology and everything in between. Operating from our office on 12th Street SW in Calgary, we're just a block away from the hustle and bustle that is 17th Avenue. Come explore the wild with us.
Head on over to Wild Forest's Careers page.