Join an experienced digital marketing team with strong core values and a close-knit culture that drives year over year growth for our clients!
Type: Full-time Permanent
Bluetrain’s data-driven, relationship-based approach to digital marketing helps our clients navigate one of the fastest-changing industries in the world. Think of us as an online marketing conductor, providing the insights and online expertise our customers need to drive their businesses forward.
Bluetrain acts as an advanced digital marketing team for progressive clients from varying industries across North America. Recognizable clients we work with include organizations such as EPCOR, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, Jiffy Lube, UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), and Strathcona County.
We currently have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a: Digital Advertising Specialist
What You’ll Do:
As a Digital Advertising Specialist at Bluetrain you possess the ability to implement and monitor paid search advertising accounts for your clients and execute on an advertising plan while analyzing and reporting on the successes you achieve towards your client’s goals and objectives. You have wide knowledge of digital and other content delivery platforms. You are familiar with the different social and paid advertising options and platforms and have experience managing multiple accounts and campaigns across different paid channels (paid social, paid search display, etc.).
As a Digital Advertising Specialist, you will work cooperatively with other members of the operational and account management team to create long-term goals and plans for your clients. This job requires a creative and innovative thinker that understands technology and the people who use it. Your clients will look to you to determine the best direction for digital marketing efforts, including how to track, analyze and report on the results. You must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, as you will be called on to support and be involved in client meetings and work collaboratively with lead teams responsible for digital strategy.
The Nuts and Bolts
- Accurately manage ad accounts monthly (keywords, ads, settings) to improve performance.
- Accurately manage client ad budgets on monthly basis.
- Contribute insights, analysis and when required to create monthly reports/attend meetings for all paid-only clients.
- Keyword research for account setup work for paid search clients (and other clients as needed).
- To perform Google/Facebook Ads account setup work for new clients/campaigns.
- To provide landing page recommendations to account team for clients.
- To support account team with insights/suggestions for client ad accounts.
- Follow Google/Facebook Ads news, such as new features or platform changes.
- Maintain and add Google Ads certifications, paid social advertising training, and other advertising and search engine marketing training as needed.
- To support our internal team with non-paid SEO project work, or other work related to our lines of service, as needed.
What you Bring:
You can analyze large quantities of data and identify the most important insights, trends, and observations for your client’s digital properties. You are able to work professionally and cooperatively with clients and coworkers to build a collaborative work environment. You possess a high level of technical understanding and can apply that when determining what are the good, the bad and the ugly parts of our clients’ websites and digital channels. Most importantly, you understand the value of data-driven digital marketing to help clients continually grow online.
More Nuts & Bolts:
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing/Business, and/or Web Design or Development is a definite asset.
- 1-2 years’ experience with SEM/PPC marketing, social media marketing, channel marketing and/or marketing campaign management.
- Previous analytics and tag management platforms experience including analysis, reporting and measurement an asset.
- Some exposure to email marketing and marketing automation an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with senior marketing leaders and executives is an asset.
While you bring some knowledge and experience to the table, we also understand that you want to develop in your career, so we also provide training to our new colleagues. Our hope is that you will impart that knowledge and experience on the team as well, as we provide mentoring opportunities.
What you’ll get:
As our new colleague, you’ll be part of the continuing growth of a local success story! You will be surrounded by smart, passionate teammates who collaborate and innovate in order to provide our customers with the best possible solutions to their SEO challenges!
We believe that happy, healthy employees produce the best results, so we proudly support life balance initiatives such as:
- A competitive compensation package.
- Vacation time PLUS paid time off for the Holiday break in December/January.
- A remote work policy for working outside the office on a short-term, extended, or permanent basis.
- Flexibility in hours to start and end your day.
We get that you care about your team and your community, so we regularly engage in social activities to help us all stay connected.
Thanks to all applicants for your interest in working with Bluetrain. Only candidates short-listed for an assessment, phone call and/or interview will be contacted.