The University Hospital Foundation (UHF) is seeking a modern full-time Digital Marketing Specialist to develop, lead and implement digital strategies that educate on our purpose, inspire our community and motivate people to take action. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Digital Marketing Specialist will use data and analytics to gain insight into the competitive health foundation industry. From these insights, you will develop detailed strategies on how to leverage our digital channels to help us achieve our fundraising and brand awareness goals.
You are a self-starter who enjoys a challenge, you love to combine strategy and creativity and thrive in a fast paced environment. You will work collaboratively with our marketing and communications team and development team to create bold, innovative and engaging creative solutions that can be measured and tracked for success. This role offers an incredible opportunity to broaden your skill set and join an enthusiastic team of storytellers who are passionate about transforming health in Alberta.
UHF has a flexible work arrangement in which employees can work remotely. Candidates from outside of the Edmonton region could work remotely and would be considered for this role.
The University Hospital Foundation is committed to advancing the health of Albertans. UHF believes in the power of generosity to save and change lives. The Foundation raises funds to ensure patients at the University of Alberta Hospital, the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute and the Kaye Edmonton Clinic have access to the latest advancements in medical technology and innovative patient care. As a result of very generous individuals and community support, we have raised more than $332 million in gross revenue over the last 10 years to support patient care, advanced technology and clinical research.
The University Hospital Foundation is proud to be named one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers in 2021, which recognizes employers that lead their industry. UHF has also achieved Imagine Canada accreditation and High Performer status. This recognition demonstrates UHF’s commitment to our purpose: We are agents of hope. Our purpose is to continuously seek, inspire and lead bold solutions to seemingly insurmountable challenges and ignite new discoveries in health.
Digital Content Creation and Online Marketing
- Recommend, develop and implement creative online marketing strategies to promote annual fundraising activities and increase online brand presence and donor engagement to support our bold 10-year strategic plan
- Oversee and manage UHF’s owned digital channels including our website, social media channels, online donation software, email marketing software and analytics tools
- Manage UHF’s Google Ad Grant, Google Search and Display Ad campaigns, keywords, ad content, budget and trends
- Contribute to content creation for various media including social media, email marketing, website, fundraising software, blog, and digital ads
- Lead social media strategy development and implementation, including content, engagement, and reporting
- Oversee paid social advertising planning, implementation, management, and reporting
- Lead keyword research, content optimization and other SEO related improvements to UHF’s website
- Collaborate with our marketing and communications team to review site goals, analytics, campaign landing pages and online donation platform integrations
- Create and maintain an annual content marketing calendar
- Work directly with external vendors, including web support and digital agencies, to improve SEO and content management
- Build out external digital marketing plans and strategies to support fundraising goals and UHF’s signature events
- Collaborate and support internal UHF stakeholders including our development team to help achieve our fundraising goals and support UHF’s signature events
- Align materials with UHF’s brand standards and use best practices to reach and influence target audiences
- Maintain accurate communications records of all digital materials produced by UHF
- Collaborate with a high-performing marketing and communications team to tell stories of impact at the University of Alberta Hospital site
- Manage projects from planning to execution, providing excellent customer service within tight deadlines, receiving and implementing creative direction, and working successfully as a technical liaison with internal teams and digital vendors
- Develop and share communications plans to identify project expectations, tactical requirements and measurable objectives
- Co-ordinate production of digital assets with the marketing & communications team and internal and external vendors as required to ensure timeliness and compelling creative
- Track and measure project management progress using effective digital marketing tools
- Assess and report on the effectiveness of fundraising campaigns and make new recommendations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- An innovative digital storyteller with advanced skills in online marketing and social media management tools such as Facebook Ads Manager, SEO software, Hootsuite, Google AdWords, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, UX & UI design and web development
- Highly skilled in project management and time management
- Consistent track record to work independently and on projects in fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Able to work collaboratively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, with strong oral communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional degree of professionalism and good judgment, using discretion where required, to be a great representative and enhance the reputation of UHF
- Accurate and thorough attention to detail
- Bold, resourceful, self-motivated, accountable, flexible, tactful, professional – and likes to have fun!
- Able to work outside regular hours to support UHF events
Education & Experience:
- An educated marketer with a diploma or post-secondary degree in marketing, public relations, communications or equivalent.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of digital marketing best practices and has a minimum of five years of related experience
- Experience with digital fundraising platforms, Mailchimp and WordPress an asset
- An active member of CPRS, IABC, CMA or ACE an asset
To apply for this posting, please follow the link below to upload your cover letter and resume into one PDF. You will also be asked to complete a Culture Index Survey, which will help us to get to know you better and assess your fit for this position. We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date for this posting is May 26, 2021 at 5:00pm.