Hey! Paper Leaf is an award-winning digital product design firm located in Edmonton, AB. We design and develop innovative custom web applications, mobile applications, and websites –and we are looking to add a full-time Digital Project Manager to join our team to help us do that. We have a fast-paced and flexible environment that’s actually organized; a tight-knit team where your voice is heard; a variety of challenging, rewarding, and creative work; and room for professional development. This is a remote-first position, open to applicants across Canada, with preference given to those within the MST time zone.
We manage projects for clients across the globe, and you'll be working on a team that values high-quality execution. You can learn more about our work on the Portfolio page, our team on our About page, and get a good vibe of our culture from our Instagram feed. Sometimes mission statements are bogus, but we believe in ours: to improve organizations through the elegant execution of strategy, design, and technology.
We also believe that diversity in all regards contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently improve Paper Leaf and the work we do. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
As the Digital Project Manager, you are responsible for the successful delivery of a project to a satisfied client. To your team, you are the champion of the client and the user - you know the client's business (and competitors), their needs, their fears, the goal for their product, and how they're going to meet it. To the client, you represent your team's capabilities and needs. You are responsible for project resourcing (who is working on what, and for how long), project strategy, and project budget. This includes: conducting stakeholder interviews and developing user stories and requirements, helping define project roles and responsibilities; keeping projects on time and on budget; communicating with clients and internal team members; using (and helping improve) the systems and software we use for project management; reporting on project statuses; resource allocation and distribution, and more.
Your role is absolutely integral to the success of the company and our projects. You’ll work within a set team of strategists, designers and developers, so you get to know and understand your teammates and clients as you complete projects together over time.
Are you the ideal candidate for this position? You are if you…
- you know how to look at the big picture, and how to break it down into its individual parts
- love not only finding answers, but finding the questions that need to be answered
- love working with people and have great people skills
- are a critical thinker
- are an efficient worker
- are a problem solver – you approach nearly everything as a problem to be solved
- are an outstanding communicator, both written and verbally, and a great listener
- love to keep things organized, and have a sense in pride in doing so
- have a true appreciation for quality in all regards
The job duties for the project manager position involve:
- helping define project requirements and resources required
- understanding client and user needs
- setting project goals and expectations
- reviewing project deliverables for quality and strategic alignment
- project implementation strategy and planning
- managing clients and project risk
- working with the team and client to create project schedules
- managing project tasks, schedules and milestones
- managing, monitoring, and forecasting project budgets
- organizing meetings, reviews, and external resources
- writing: meeting itineraries, meeting notes, daily comms, status updates, etc.
To be considered for the position, here’s what you’ll have:
- 3+ years experience as a Project Manager, Product Manager, Account Manager, Project Lead, Project Coordinator or in a related role, in an agency or agile setting
- strong written skills
- strong verbal communication and people skills
- strong critical thinking skills
- outstanding organizational skills
- great problem-solving skills
- comfort with Mac OSX as well as with general web technologies/software
- experience managing projects and/or multiple people
- ability to plan ahead and foresee challenges
- applicable project work. Please provide us with a short summary explaining 2-3 projects you worked on and your role on those projects.
Past experience in a Digital Agency environment or Scrum Master Certification is an asset.
This is a full-time, salaried position. We offer a relaxed working environment; flexible start and end times to your days, and the opportunity for 4-day work weeks if you want; a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, benefits and vacation time; the opportunity to work on interesting, challenging, and meaningful projects; professional development opportunities; and more.
This position will remain open until filled. Thanks!
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
We believe that diversity in all regards contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently improve Paper Leaf and the work we do. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it. If you don’t meet one or two of our requirements, but still feel you’d be a good fit, throw your hat in the mix anyway. You miss every shot you don’t take.
We have strong staff involvement in our DEI initiatives, establishing and advocating for progression of Paper Leaf’s processes. These efforts span from establishing equitable hiring practices to ensuring the products we deliver are setting standards for accessibility in our industry.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.