Hey! Paper Leaf is an award-winning digital product design firm located in Edmonton, AB. We design & develop innovative custom web applications, mobile applications and websites – and we are looking to add a full-time Growth Marketer to our team to help us do that. We have a fun, relaxed & flexible environment that’s actually organized; a tight-knit team where your voice is heard; a variety of challenging, rewarding, and creative work; and a clear framework for professional development and growth. It’s a good place to be.
We work on projects for clients across the globe, and you'll be working on a team that values high-quality execution – not one that is hellbent on burning you out and churning out as much work as possible. You can learn more about our work on the Portfolio page, and about our team on our About page. Sometimes mission statements are bogus, but we believe in ours: to improve organizations through the elegant execution of strategy, design and technology.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
We believe that diversity in all regards contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently improve Paper Leaf and the work we do. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it. If you don’t meet one or two of our requirements, but still feel you’d be a good fit, throw your hat in the mix anyway. You miss every shot you don’t take.
We have strong staff involvement in our DEI initiatives, establishing and advocating for progression of Paper Leaf’s processes. These efforts span from establishing equitable hiring practices to ensuring the products we deliver are setting standards for accessibility in our industry.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
The Growth Marketer position is responsible for the development and execution of marketing and acquisition strategies to bring in sales-qualified leads for Paper Leaf. This is a new role for our shop and will be a key member of our business development team, working closely with other members of that team on key strategies.
The Growth Marketer is a strategist who can take our sales goals and key vertical positions and come up with a comprehensive plan of how marketing and outreach efforts can help us get there. They can see how the whole marketing plan can be built and can coordinate the right individuals and vendors to get it done. We envision that our marketing plan will include some boots on the ground strategies as well as expansion in our content efforts and paid advertising; this role is responsible for using their expertise to help guide us through the right channels.
Are you the ideal candidate for this position? We’re looking for someone who…
- can develop a compelling marketing funnel and knows the key tactics to use and when to use them
- can coordinate individuals and vendors to achieve marketing and sales goals
- can take concepts and goals and formulate them into a plan
- able to work independently communicating progress along the way
- understands and has demonstrated experience in using marketing strategies to effectively grow sales-qualified leads in a B2B environment
- works well in a team and can communicate and collaborate effectively
- willing to jump in and help others
- is highly organized
- isn't afraid to ask questions
- Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about our company and drive qualified traffic to our front door
- Develop and maintain marketing performance dashboards to track KPIs and visibility on budget with an eye towards growth
- Deploy successful lead-generation campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution, including the selection and coordination of any vendors as required
- Use a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns
- Develop a boots on the ground strategy for Paper Leaf’s attendance at key conferences and events in our positioning verticals
- Own the content on the Paper Leaf website, including coordinating the creation and/or production of digital content
- Suggest and manage paid media budgets
- Research markets to identify new opportunities
- Maintain a strong online company voice through social media
- Set and monitor ROI and KPIs
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and audience insights
- Be an active member of our sales and marketing team participating in quarterly strategic sessions and taking on initiatives to move the team towards our sales and marketing goals
- 3+ years experience creating and implementing marketing strategies for B2B companies
- Hands-on experience in creating and managing paid media campaigns across social media and digital channels
- Experience with audience and lifecycle marketing, including working with customer data platforms, email and CRM software
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong understanding of how to tie marketing efforts to sales-qualified leads
- Experience with Hubspot is an asset
- Experience working in an agency environment is an asset
- Exceptional communication skills to turn data and insights into compelling cases for marketing experiments
- Experienced and technically proficient in Google Analytics, Google Ads, and a variety of social media marketing tools
What We Offer
This is a full-time, salaried position at an expected range of $60,000-80,000 per year, dependent on candidate experience. We offer a remote or hybrid working environment; flexible start and end times to your days, and the opportunity for 4-day weeks if you want; a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, benefits and vacation time; unlimited sick days; the opportunity to work on interesting, challenging, and meaningful projects; professional development opportunities; and more.
This is a remote-first position, open to applicants in Canada, with preference given to those near Edmonton, AB and/or within the MST timezone.
You will be provided with the technology and equipment necessary to execute your job from home. If you crave an office environment, there are opportunities to hot-desk from the offices of ZGM Modern Marketing Partners, our parent company.
Ramp Up Plan
Here are some baseline expectations of what you'll be doing 1, 3 and 6 months into your role at Paper Leaf.
- Learn about Paper Leaf, explore our current tools
- Take over current social media efforts
- Develop relationships with the sales team, PL leadership and our parent company
- Develop a content strategy to reach key audiences
- Take our current positioning work and define some initial efforts and quick wins. Implement them.
- Review the Paper Leaf website and execute on key content or structural changes
- Work with the business development team to create strategies to achieve SQLs for the new fiscal year (starts on July 1).
- Create KPIs for marketing efforts with reasonable goals
- Recommend a paid advertising budget and additional budget recommendations for other acquisition efforts
- Develop and implement a full-funnel and multi-touch acquisition program to increase sales-qualified leads
- Coordinate and implement efforts internally and externally to ensure that the program is being implemented
- Review initial KPI performance and develop strategies to continuously improve performance