- Temporary contract position: August 3 – September 4, 2021, 25 hours/week
- Wage: $20/hour
- Applications close July 18, 2021
The Edmonton Screen Industries Office Society (ESIO) was established in 2017 and is a non-profit society that serves all Edmonton Metro region screen media, inclusive of film, television and interactive digital media. Its mission is to catalyze the development, growth and sustainability of companies, entrepreneurs and craftspeople in the Edmonton Metro region screen media industries.
Assisting the Locations Officer, the Locations Manager - Trainee will support the ESIO’s location programs and services, with a focus on contributing to the growth and organization of the ESIO locations library and the Alberta Film locations library (Reel Scout).
The ESIO received a Canada Summer Jobs grant to subsidize this position. This grant requires the successful applicant to be:
- 15 to 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. (International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.)
- is legally entitled to work in Alberta.
- Photography and/or location scouting experience (successful completion of the Locations Scouting Workshop, or equivalent industry experience).
- Familiarity with photo editing software (Adobe Lightroom).
- Familiarity with Office 365 products – Word, Excel.
- Familiarity with video conferencing software.
- Valid Alberta driver’s licence and access to a vehicle.
- Access to a computer/ laptop and Wi-Fi.
- Access to, and familiarity with DSLR camera is considered an asset.
- Ability to spend significant time standing, sitting, walking. Must be able to access a variety of spaces including small enclosures and hard to reach areas accessible by ladders, steep inclines, and elevators.
Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including email, phone and virtual meeting etiquette.
- Self-starter with the ability to work individually and in an integrated team environment.
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritize and work effectively, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Enthusiasm and adaptability.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as evening and weekend work may be required.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note ‘Locations Manager - Trainee’ in the email subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer. The ESIO is strongly committed to increased equity, diversity and inclusion in all departments and programs. We define equity as the removal of systemic barriers and biases in order to enact the practice of inclusion so that all individuals have equitable access to and can benefit from our programs and initiatives. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.