Covenant Health is growing its digital team. We are seeking a strategic, collaborative and innovative leader to join a team of self-driven, passionate and high-energy design, digital and communications specialists to provide leadership to the organization’s internal and external web communications efforts and to shape Covenant Health’s digital transformation.
Reporting to the Director, Talent, Learning and Organizational Effectiveness, The Manager, Digital Communications & Creative Services leads the development, implementation and evaluation of multi-channel digital communications strategic and operational plans that support organizational priorities and core business functions, including internal communications, leadership communication, reputation management, recruitment and internal engagement.
Using teamwork, consultation, strategic thinking and creativity, the manager is responsible for building and leading a team of mission-driven digital and creative professionals who are committed to integrated communications and excellence in client service.
The ideal candidate is a team player and confident leader who believes in a systems-thinking, future-focused approach. This person should have sound judgment and strategic thinking skills, a thorough understanding of web-based communication and user-centered design principles and the ability to work with a wide range of technical and non-technical professionals.
The manager is a champion of change who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This person works collaboratively with the team, the HR/Communications portfolio and digital product owners across the organization to foster a digitally savvy culture and to develop and implement digital and creative solutions that create exceptional online experiences. Key responsibilities include
- Drive the development and implementation of the digital roadmap.
- Provide leadership to the organization’s digital and creative strategy and operations to ensure appropriate and effective use of tools, technologies, digital asset and visual identify guidelines, while managing risks, enhancing corporate capacity and maximizing positive impact in support of strategic goals
- Counsel senior leaders and their teams on best practices through consultation, planning and advising and acts as a connector of people, ideas and technology to help the organization achieve excellence in digital and creative communications
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and governance of the Covenant Health’s digital platforms that are essential to supporting staff and driving business, including external websites, Covenant Health’s intranet, SharePoint sites and web/mobile applications.
- Develop and execute communications strategies that demonstrate Covenant Health’s understanding of the rapid and profound impact technology is having on the organization and on the healthcare industry.
- Build and sustain a cohesive team of mission-driven creative and digital communication professionals committed to integrated communications and excellence in client service.
- Baccalaureate degree in communications, business, communications or marketing. A combination of relevant education and work experience will be considered.
- Proven work experience as a digital project manager or account manager. Experience in an agency or agile setting an asset.
Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of seven years of proven experience managing digital projects and leading comprehensive digital communications in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing large digital projects from identification of business needs through to implementation, testing and delivery. Experience in website development, using current tools and technologies an asset.
- Thorough understanding of web-based communication, design & branding principles and best practices.
- Strong leadership skills and business acumen with a proven ability to influence and effect change in an organization.
- Demonstrated ability and comfort with decision-making responsibilities, managerial courage to address issues, mentoring, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others.
- Demonstrated experience working with web analytics tools and other digital reporting, tracking and monitoring solutions to track effectiveness of digital channels and improve user experience for internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage timelines, budgets and tasks, including potential competitive and conflicting priorities and time pressures
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with team members, cross-functional teams and vendors.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams to gather requirements and design solution.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong commitment to personal development and participation in continuing education activities to enhance knowledge of digital marketing trends, best practices and new technologies
- Healthcare and/or public sector environment experience
- Strong customer focus, commitment to continuous quality improvement and result-oriented management style
- Ability to handle change and create innovative solutions for complex and diverse issues
Covenant Health provides a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for all eligible staff. Benefit offerings include but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Supplementary Health, Dental and Travel insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Perks & Incentives