Granify is a rapidly growing technology company at the intersection of e-commerce, machine intelligence, and psychology. We’ve received investment from top investors, built a world-class team and a world-class product, and in the last year alone we generated over $650 million in incremental sales for many of the world's largest retailers!
We’re searching for a Senior Software Engineer who values mastery, authenticity, and positivity to help build and grow our product. While focusing on backend development, with our small, agile team you'll get a chance to design, build, and improve each part of our tech stack, while providing guidance and technical direction.
This is a full-time position. We are centrally located in Edmonton, but remote applications will also be considered.
- Improving our backend infrastructure
- Expanding the capabilities of our system
- Evolve our core platform including our data collection and decision engine, which collects and processes terabytes of shopper behavioral data of tens of millions of online shoppers each month.
- Help shape the architecture and infrastructure decisions and operations that drive our applications and allows batch and streaming data pipelines that move data around our ecosystem as we continue to scale.
- Build infrastructure to support the evolution of our shopper interaction toolset.
- Mentor other engineers, participate in code reviews, and share knowledge.
- Experience building distributed and scalable client-server architectures.
- Understanding of scalable client-server architectures.
- Strong SQL experience and experience with ETL methodologies
- Experience with enterprise server-side web apps
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent degree / experience.
- Source control (Git) and familiarity with Unix command line
- Experience with championing Agile principles within a dev team
- Passionate about mentoring junior engineers
- Team-focused and people-centric, able to give feedback as well as receive it.
- Curious, constantly looking for better ways to build things and excited to learn about emerging technologies.
- Source control (Git) and familiarity with unix command line
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- iOS and Android app or library development experience (ideally in Swift and Kotlin)
- Integrating with analytics packages such as Google Analytics and Omniture
- Cloud Technologies such as Amazon Web Services
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails, SQL, Redis, Python, Hadoop, and/or Spark
- Understanding of machine learning
Granify merges machine intelligence and digital psychology to automatically increase sales for retailers. This is the future and it’s an exceptionally interesting world to delve into every day! Our mission is to provide the ultimate experience for every shopper at any given point in time and, in doing so, completely redefine the trillion-dollar e-commerce market. We hope you can help us achieve this ambitious mission!
Granify is backed by early investors in Tesla, Facebook, SpaceX, AirBnB, Pinterest, Palantir, Alibaba, and Yelp and won Top E-Commerce Solution and Top Digital Startup at the DAA Awards!