- Pixel Designs has never employed a Project Manager so you’ll be looked to for guidance and to set a mandate and expectation across the company. This is why 3–5 years of agency experience is mandatory.
- Pixel Designs currently employs a part-time Project Coordinator, and you’ll be responsible for taking on their current workload (they will be transitioning internally to other responsibilities).
- In the future, the plan is to hire additional project managers, which you’ll be responsible for and manage. You’ll also manage the most complex of our projects.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with staff members to maintain an overview of projects and staff workload
- Works closely with clients, interpreting scope and timeline requests and translating them into deliverables for developers
- Developing project plans for clients and staff
- Delegating project tasks to teams best suited to complete them
- Tracking project performance and analyzing deliverables against requirements
- Ensuring that all budgetary objectives are met, making adjustments as needed
- Write Statements of Work and project proposals to assist with lead generation
- Coordinate between clients, staff, and leadership to ensure any delays or difficulties are brought to light as soon as possible
- Advise company leadership on best practices, as well as areas of improvement and opportunity
KNOWLEDGE + EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Extensive familiarity with specific project management tools. We currently use a combination of Asana + AirTable + Everhour in the office, but can be convinced to use different applications
- Advanced analytical and time management skills
- Budgeting and financial knowledge, specifically in Excel and XERO (not required, but a bonus)
- Management and leadership experience
- BONUS: Any hands-on WordPress Experience will be looked upon extremely favourably
- 3-5 years of experience as a Project Manager at a digital or technical agency
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science, communications, project management or related discipline
- Have a good time and joke around, but also know when to buckle down.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. We value communication as a core principle of our team.
- Self-motivated to learn/work and able to work independently
- Always producing high-quality work, following the standards that Pixel Designs has set for itself
- Be able to manage multiple tasks while being deadline-oriented
- Full-time salaried position.
- Flex time — start anywhere between 6 am and 10 am.
- Work in our brand new cozy office in the awesome 124st/Westmount neighbourhood in Edmonton OR out of our office in downtown Victoria, BC.
- There is flexibility to work from home here and there
- Salary based on experience
- Ability to work from both Edmonton and BC offices as desired.
- 3 weeks paid vacation time
- Access to our Personal Betterment Plan
- Cellphone plan paid for
- Fully covered Blue Cross health benefits.
Interested? Shoot us your resume to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include a link to your GitHub account (if you’re coming from the tech world), or something similar!