You will be a leader and posses a strong technology stack. You will also be sociable and a great communicator. If new ideas and technology excite you, if the thought of building interactive, responsive websites and applications jacks you up, and if you like working in a supportive, creative culture with people who are as passionate about their work as they are about beer—Starburst is the place for you.
The majority of your day-to-day work will involve translating mock-ups into web, dealing with ad-hoc maintenance updates and developing fully responsive websites. While WordPress is our go-to CMS for websites, we believe in choosing the best tool for the job.
- Be responsible for working with the development team on problem solving and creating unique solutions
- Work with the Development Lead to provide realistic estimates
- Research new technologies
- Be able to work efficiently with the creative team
- Create new templates in responsive front end frameworks and work with existing templates
- Debug code and quickly troubleshoot problems
- Be comfortable working under tight deadlines and timelines
- Understand the process of executing a vision into web (design, develop, test, deploy)
- PHP 5.4/7
- General understanding of MySQL
- Experience with bug-tracking software
- Front end frameworks (Foundation)
- Experience with WordPress and other CMS platforms
- Working knowledge of NodeJS, Grunt or Gulp
- Experience with Angular or React
- Experience with GitHub flow
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Experience using static site generators (Jekyll, Middleman, etc.)
- Experience with version control (GitHub, SourceTree, SmartGit)
- An understanding of how SEO works (tags, optimization, rankings)
- An understanding of build automation (TeamCity)
Nice To Have:
- A digital agency background
- Experience with Ruby/Rails
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Sprints, Kanban)
Please apply with your resume via email@example.com with “Senior Front End Developer” in the subject line, and include links to a minimum of three projects in which you played a major role and are proud of the results, by Friday, July 21 at 5pm.
Starburst offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. We provide our team members with many opportunities for training and professional development. This is a collaborative and creative environment where we prioritize people and relationships.
Starburst is a consulting and creative company. We help businesses and organizations solve problems and achieve their goals. Our goal is to be the leader in professional advertising and interactive services in our market. We’re an ambitious and growing company that embraces change in a rapidly evolving industry.