“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try” – Dr. Seuss
While creativity is about thinking differently, it’s also about doing and sharing what you do. As the Intermediate Web Designer at ATB’s internal award-winning agency, Channel 21, we’re looking for a self-motivated web designer who can think, collaborate and do, someone who’s the whole creative package; someone with a zest for conceptualizing, an aptitude for the tools of the trade.
The Intermediate Web is responsible for supporting and providing input and feedback to the overall design build-outs. Responsibilities include wireframing and storyboarding, functional and non-functional prototypes. Maintains and provides ongoing design and support consultation of all ATB's web properties, promos and ad banners, seasonal/campaign content and other support and input for Vendor-led initiatives.
You’re an integral part of a larger team that includes everything from junior and senior designers, art directors, copywriters, animators, videographers and external resources. There’s some great thinking—and creating—to do here, and some amazing projects to be involved in. You game?
- Supports the overall creative & graphic design governance for ATB’s Channel 21 Digital and Social Teams
- Maintains ATB’s internal and external (Look and Feel) standards
- Adhere to corporate brand standards
- Propose tools and make recommendations as needed for ATB’s Intranet/Internet website budget
- Research and plan for changing user requirements and technology advances
- Keep current with other financial institutions Internet and Intranet web sites and development practices
- Provide assistance in other marketing reporting needs
- Contribute to determining and recommending the resources necessary for web operations
Experience in the following is required:
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Excellent communication skills; Self-Starter; Highly-Organized; Detail-Oriented; Efficient
- Skilled in web-ready graphics, motion graphics (3d, 2d/traditional animation, video), pdf authoring and other multimedia file formats and concepts
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to work with both a team and independently
- Customer-focused and results driven
BS/MS or other post-secondary accreditation in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a Visual Arts subject and 3-5 years of field experience.
As for us, we’re the biggest Alberta financial institution, and we have more than 5,000 employees, yet we’re literally the kind of place where you can talk about voice and tone with the CEO. (You’ll like him.) Our entire mandate is about transforming our industry, and we’re a company that is focused on telling stories. We’re on every Best Employer in Canada list that counts, because we’ve taken the notion of putting our employees first, elevated it out of the realm of corporate cliché, and made it real.
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For additional information on this posting, please contact Chris George, Director, Digital Marketing. [Note: please apply using our online system and not the contact's email address].