Ideas with Intention
zag (that’s right, no capital) is a full-service, marketing and advertising agency that is hell-bent on getting to know brands inside and out. We ensure we capture the perfect blend of creativity, strategy and management to catapult brands in the right direction with ease. With us, there is always room to grow, and we are currently looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to do just that.
We come to work every day to solve challenges, and we lean on our teammates to do it. We all have titles, but we’re not defined by them. By working together and bending our disciplines, we bring unique perspectives to the table, learn from each other, and ultimately, stick the landing.
We have six guiding principles that help keep us grounded along the way:
We strive for unicorn-level greatness.
We care about what we create.
We outsmart challenges with creative and forward thinking.
We dare to show up as ourselves.
We take the carpool lane, working together to achieve the best results.
We make it count. Every day.
More About Working at zag
We currently work remotely due to the pandemic and the position is open to applicants across Canada. We know agency life can be fast-paced so are intentional about making sure that we are investing in our culture through tech-led solutions such as Coach and ongoing employee-driven engagement activities (S’mores and ghost stories! Escape rooms! Virtual Friday hangs!). Additionally, we offer great benefits, including paid personal days and competitive holiday time.
At zag, we believe in inclusivity, and it’s a key part of how we conduct ourselves within our team and in the industry. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.
The Senior Graphic Designer helps grow a client's brand on an ongoing and project basis, spanning all areas of integrated communication and digital. They’re creative visionaries who are highly effective at staying on top of multiple projects, each with various moving pieces, thanks to their proactive thinking skills, exceptional verbal and written communication abilities, strong attention to detail and keen design sense.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide users with an exceptional and intuitive online experience through research, planning and design. This includes working with the team on strategy, leading and executing cutting edge design solutions, and ensuring that projects are executed on time and on budget. In this role, the Senior Graphic Designer ensures that the agency provides work that exceeds clients’ expectations, by constantly and consistently adapting and anticipating industry trends and delivering a consistently superior product.
Responsibilities & Duties
Areas of responsibility for the Senior Graphic Designer will include:
- Demonstration of strong analytical abilities to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- The ability to recognize upcoming opportunities and threats to projects
- Demonstration of a detailed approach to projects and a keen eye for errors
- Create effective UX design solutions through planning, site maps, wireframes and style guides
- Experience in WordPress specifically with Elementor and an aptitude for learning new softwares on the fly
- Create engaging, impactful and thoughtful design solutions that meet project requirements
- Work alongside Art Director to monitor project constraints (schedule/scope/resources)
- Collaboration with internal teams to create and deliver tailored experiences for the digital user
- Championing internal processes for better efficiency
- Evaluating emerging technologies and provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Stay up-to-date with design trends
Send your resume to email@example.com and tell us why you’re the perfect fit.
To be considered for this position, you will need a minimum of 5 year’s-experience as a working Graphic Designer, ideally in an agency setting. While you can be located anywhere in Canada, you will be expected to work within an MST time zone.
Shortlisted applications will receive an email from us requesting a 30-minute phone interview within five business days. Following the phone interview, successful applicants will receive a request for a formal interview.
We understand how uncertain the application process can be, so we promise not to leave you hanging. If at any time you are not selected to move forward, you will receive an email from us letting you know.