Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
UX/UI Designer - Senior
Channel 21 – ATB Financial
“Want to grow as a designer? Spend most of your time thinking about how it works, as opposed to how it looks.”
— Josh Puckett
While creativity is about thinking differently, it’s also about doing and sharing what you do. As the Senior UX/UI Designer at ATB’s internal award-winning agency, Channel 21, we’re looking for a self-motivated designer who can think, collaborate and do, someone who’s the whole creative package; someone with a zest for conceptualizing, an aptitude for the tools of the trade.
The Sr. UX/UI Designer is responsible for creating the UI/interface build-outs. Responsibilities include wireframing and storyboarding, functional and non-functional prototypes, presenting (telling the Story & describing the behaviours) and documentation. This role maintains and provides ongoing UX/UI design methodology and support consultation of any or all of ATB's web properties.
You’re an integral part of a larger team that includes everything from junior and senior designers, art directors, copywriters, animators, videographers and external resources. There’s some great thinking—and creating—to do here, and some amazing projects to be involved in. You game?
You are a talented, experienced UX/UI Designer that creates amazing user experiences. You have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and are able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
You are a self-starter with amazing communication and problem solving skills. You love all aspects of the Web and Digital Media, and are curious and enjoy the process of discovery. You also appreciate corporate culture and working with constraints.
- Collaborating with product management (CX) and development teams (Digital/IT/vendors) to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Communicating scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to stakeholders
- Defining interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications
- Working with our creative director and visual designers to incorporate the visual identity of ATB into features
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Supporting the overall creative & graphic design governance for ATB’s Channel 21 Digital and Social Teams
- Maintaining ATB’s internal and external corporate brand standards
- Proposing tools and making recommendations as needed for ATB’s Martech Stack
- Researching and planning for changing user requirements and technology advances
- Keeping current with other best-in-class digital platforms and development practices
- Providing assistance in other marketing reporting needs
- Contributes to determining and recommending the resources necessary for web operations
- Participating and contributing to project debriefs
What you bring to the team
- BS/MS or other post-secondary accreditation in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a Visual Arts subject and 5-7 years of field experience
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-centric design principles
- Highly proficient in UX/UI workflows and tools (i.e. Sketch, Invision)
- Excellent communication skills; Self-Starter; Highly-Organized; Detail-Oriented; Efficient
- Skilled in web-ready graphics, motion graphics (3d, 2d/traditional animation, video), pdf authoring and other multimedia file formats and concepts
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to work with both a team and independently
- Customer-focused and results driven
As for us, we’re the biggest Alberta financial institution, and we have more than 5,000 employees, yet we’re literally the kind of place where you can talk about voice and tone with the CEO. (You’ll like him.) Our entire mandate is about transforming our industry, and we’re a company that is focused on telling stories. We’re on every Best Employer in Canada list that counts, because we’ve taken the notion of putting our employees first, elevated it out of the realm of corporate cliché, and made it real.
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives.
For more information on this opportunity please contact Chris George at email@example.com.
To apply please visit the ATB Careers website.