Wmode is a fast paced Calgary-based app management company for connected devices with a passionate and entrepreneurial team. We are making waves in the app economy by delivering custom app and content distribution systems to a number of major organizations.
We are looking for an ambitious and forward-thinking team player who can contribute to the development of new and innovative native apps, while working closely with product managers, designers, architects and other developers. This position offers you the opportunity to make a huge impact on our future, we want you to help us grow, be our next frontrunner, jump right in and make a difference.
You will be responsible for all aspects of software development in the delivery of services and applications for systems. You must be able to manage multiple activities and prioritize them well.
What We Do:
- Create, grow and manage a distributed network of marketplaces and apps
- Design the future of application delivery with the world’s top tech companies
- Solve new and interesting problems in large-scale distributed systems, billing, and subscriptions services
- Contributing to the apps and services under the team's ownership, which includes design, development, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
- Confront problems, propose solutions, and take ownershipthrough to resolution or ensure a clear hand-off
- Unit testing
- Support for deployments and releases
- Documentation of designs and changes
- System Integration, Troubleshooting and Bug Fixes
- B.Sc. or Diploma specializing in software development, human computer interaction or computer engineering
- Deep working knowledge of modern responsive web development, inlcuding HTTP, AJAX, HTML5 and CSS3
- 1-2 years of software development experience
- Knowledge of web service technologies, including RESTful APIs, XML, SOAP, JSON
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and networking
- Experience with Linux and MySQL
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to document code and designs
- Excellent problem solving, testing and debugging skills
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Crucible and other Atlassian tools
- Experience in working with a team using Agile (prefereably Scrum) development methodologies
- Amazon AWS or OpenStack deployment experience
- Familiarity with Selenium and/or HTTPUnit
- Android or iOS application development
- Experience with NoSQL, MongoDB, CouchDB or similiar
- Familiar with identity and authorization frameworks: OpenID, OAuth, SAML
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.