Wmode is a fast paced, Calgary-based app management company. We have a passionate and entrepreneurial team who is making waves in the app economy by delivering custom app and content distribution systems to a number of large organizations. This includes the evolving mobile device, connected car, enterprise, and TV markets.
We are rapidly growing and have an exciting opportunity for an energetic super-star who is looking to grow their career. We are looking at for an innovative, self- motivated individual, readily able to apply previous experience to projects involving the development of creative, compelling and engaging user experiences on mobile devices that jump off the page. This position offers you the opportunity to make a huge impact on our future, we want you to help us grow, be our next frontrunner, jump right in and make a difference.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the user interface creative and development definition of a solution-based design process.
- Contributing to the creation of rapid functional prototypes and wireframes
- Contributing to the creation/ development of UI for mobile-first, and responsive websites in addition to mobile and tablet applications (Android/IOS).
- Contributing to prototype design using design processes and tools to engage customer feedback and approvals and proficiency with user driven design concepts
- Investigating and following tools, trends and technologies in the connected design tool space.
- Contributing to improving, modifying and re-styling existing web pages for clients.
- Contributing to the addition of new features, as well as maintaining existing static and dynamic web sites.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has clear understanding of the process needed to create great experiences and the steps necessary to achieve Wmode’s and our customers goals.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills. With the ability to communicate interact with other people, both individually and in groups and defend your design decisions.
- Understands that great experiences stem from collaboration and decision making with groups, product managers, other designers, developers, researchers, internally and externally.
- Has a keen eye for great design, razor-sharp attention to detail and also exhibits excellent organization, presentation and time management skills.
- Fosters a continuous improvement mindset; constantly looking for new, innovative ways of doing things and not afraid to introduce new ideas and concepts to the team.
- Will participate in rapid design exploration and presentation of product concepts, present ideas and designs in tangible forms (e.g, sketches, wireframes, graphic mockups, prototypes), and work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented accurately and integrate with existing frameworks)
- Can display patience, humor and helpfulness at all times.
We would like you to have:
- Experience with information architecture, interaction design, usability, visual design and implementation. Working experience with HTML, CSS, and JS is a strong asset.
- A passion for creative process and drive to contribute to creating engaging experiences with a high degree of usability for a wide range of audiences.
- The ability to work well in a team and independently, capturing requirements, and then transforming functional requirements into a well-designed, appealing and intuitive user interface.
- Strong knowledge of the latest design and prototyping tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch) alongside having the technical capabilities to evaluate and steer the choice of these tools in a rapidly changing marketplace.
- A desire to seek to use technology that leverages your creative skills so that you can produce mobile websites, application UIs and are also comfortable with traditional website design.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org