A great opportunity at a great company....see what we're all about!
At SilkRoad, it's all about the employees! It's all about the flexibility. It's all about the extras. It's all about growth - yours and ours. It's all about opportunity...to build your career with a leader. At SilkRoad, you can have a major impact on our clients, you can have an important part in our success, and you'll work in a great environment that's loaded with talented professionals. And this is your opportunity to join us. It's all here!
SilkRoad is seeking a self-motivated, well rounded Software Engineer to join our engineering team in the Edmonton area to design and develop SaaS applications with a focus on web technologies, databases and user interface principals and techniques. As a member of the engineering team you will work on advancing the SilkRoad learning management product, SilkRoad Learning. Our successful products, talented team, friendly and casual work environment make this an opportunity you have to explore!
- Collaborate with the Engineering team (product management, engineering, QA) and other stakeholders in developing our SaaS application in an Agile development environment.
- Design, implement, and maintain source code in all tiers of the application.
- Design, develop and debug applications using C#, MS MVC, HTML, JS, JSON, XML, XSL/XSLT jQuery, CSS and SQL.
- Design and development of automated routines (scripts, etc.) to facilitate the application development and deployment process.
- Participate in the performance testing and tuning of the various application tiers.
- Analyze test results and recommend modifications to the application to meet specification.
- Resolve implementation and post-production issues.
- Fast learner with a passion for creating software that meets client needs.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem resolution abilities.
- Ability to work with others and excel in a team environment.
- Ability to translate functional requirements and user stories into software with minimal guidance.
- Database modeling with the ability to write SQL queries and create complex stored procedures.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communications.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Agile development methodology, particularly Agile Scrum.
- Developing SaaS applications.
- Test driven development.
- Responsive design and mobile development.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an application developer.
- Experience developing N-tier, distributed database applications using Microsoft .Net in C#.
- Experience using 3rd party controls and libraries (JQuery, YUI, moustache, etc.).
- Experience developing web clients for common browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
- Experience developing in Microsoft SQL Server (2008) (or similar).
- Experience working with a version control system (Perforce, VSS, TFS, Subversion or similar).
- Experience working with AngularJS.
- Experience working with NUnit or other unit testing frameworks.
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) in a commercial software product a plus.
- Experience working on enterprise level, multi-tiered SOA applications a plus.
- Experience with globalization, localization, and internationalization of web applications.