Dynacor is growing its production team!
If you have a passion for finding the story in raw footage? Can you intuitively hit on the correct tone and find just the right colour grade or track of music that can turn tragedy to triumph? Do you know the difference between DNxHD, ProRes 4:2:2, and CinemaDNG? And are you looking for unmatched variety in your work. Dynacor is looking for a talented and highly skilled video editor to join our team.
The Company: Dynacor is an Edmonton based leader in the eLearning solutions and video production markets. Our engaging learning content is cutting edge and provides the perfect solution for our clients’ communication, training and orientation needs. We excel at combining the right mix of video production, 3D modelling, animation, virtual reality and interactive programming to maximize training effectiveness for our top level petrochemical and petroleum, utility, manufacturing, government, and educational clients. We are always on the hunt for innovative ways to capture our learners’ minds, improve our processes, and ultimately exceed the expectations of our clients.
The Right Candidate: The editor we are looking for must have the right mix of technical savvy and intuitive storytelling abilities; be a master at knowing how to draw a story out of the raw footage, while working quickly to meet tight client deadlines.
- Manage the editing process from ingestion and back up of footage to final export and archiving
- Work with Dynacor producers to establish the correct tone and scope of projects
- Collaborate with motion graphics and designers to add value to video projects
- Interface with clients during screenings
- Accurately compile client feedback and make corrections that impress and delight
- Make decisions independently that add value to video productions
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize proficiency
- Outstanding storytelling abilities
- Minimum three years’ experience
- Proficiency with AVID Media Composer
- Knowledge of Symphony tools an asset
- Knowledge of current editing technology
- Codecs, compression, colour grading, etc.
- Creative approach to editing and storytelling
- Demonstrable experience editing for web and broadcast
- Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of video editing workflows and best practices
- Foosball proficiency is an asset
This full-time position is available immediately for the right person.
Please submit your resume and reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
Someone will be in touch with you if you are selected for an interview.