Mount Royal University’s Academic Development Centre (ADC) requires a replacement term Web Developer/Graphic Designer to support the effective integration of educational technologies into classroom and web-based teaching and learning. The work is project based, and involves collaboration around multiple initiatives.
- Planning and research into tools supporting the course objectives and web/print/media requirements
- Consultation and collaboration with instructional designers and subject matter experts for design and develop of graphics and interactive digital learning objects (interactivities) for eLearning courses
- In collaboration with other MRU stakeholders, ongoing development and maintenance of a WordPress eLearning web template
- Development of new websites and/or maintenance of existing websites built with various technologies
- Maintenance of existing interactivities and other media artifacts
- Participation in the testing and piloting of eLearning courses, as required
- Mentor/coach students working on educational technology projects for the ADC
- Support web- and print-based departmental communication initiatives such as the layout and design of annual reports
- Other related projects as required to support departmental initiatives.
- Completed Undergraduate Degree or Diploma in computer science, multimedia or related plus a minimum 2 years of experience
- Portfolio of work
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate appropriate initiative and work both independently and effectively on a team
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Working in web and graphic design, ideally in a post-secondary environment
- Collaborating with diverse individuals and groups to reach common goals
- Researching, testing and troubleshooting software
- Using content management and learning management systems (CMS and LMS)
- Managing projects concurrently
- Self-directed learning of new software; maintain currency in technical skills
- Adobe Creative Cloud applications, such as Flash Professional, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Adobe Captivate
- User experience design and content strategy for the web
- Color management, prepress and press production for print media
- Experience with Google tools such as Analytics, Drive, Extensions and Apps will be considered an asset
Salary: $2,533.79 semi-monthly
Closing Date: May 15, 2015
Reply To: MOUNT ROYAL UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
4825 MOUNT ROYAL GATE SW
CALGARY, AB T3E 6K6
Submit a separate covering letter and resume for each position you are applying for, quoting appropriate competition number to the address noted above.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applying by email, please send your resume as an attachment, in either .doc, .docx or .pdf formats only
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.