At Curatio, we are driven to help individuals live their healthiest lives by using the power of private social networks to provide peer support and access to evidence based resources in a safe and secure environment. We work with global, industry-leading organizations to develop the next generation of patient support and engagement tools to empower patients at scale.
With users in over 102 countries (and translated in a variety of languages), Curatio is rapidly growing and we’re looking for the next rockstar to join our dynamic team. If you’re passionate about making a positive impact, and Curatio’s “No Patient Alone” ethos excites you, we’d love to speak with you.
We are looking to hire a Full-Time Backend Software Developer to join our growing development team. The successful candidate will preferably reside in any of the following North American cities: Vancouver (BC), Kelowna (BC), Edmonton (AB), Saskatoon (SK), Toronto (ON), however, remote work is available for the right individual across Canada. The ideal candidate must have previous Ruby on Rails back end development experience along with Python and Go. If you have a focus with structuring and developing quality code…want to hear from you!
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- At least 5+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails is required
- Experience with Python and/or Go lang is a plus
- At least 3+ years of experience with REST API development & event driven programming (experience in high performance API is a plus)
- Experience with Redis, PostgreSQL, AWS, Google Cloud, Elasticsearch, Rabbit MQ and Apache Kafka
- Comfortable working daily with agile/sprint/virtual teams (via Slack, Zoom)
- Previous experience working in startups (in growth mode), within digital health/gaming is a plus
- Designing and implementing new services and API calls to support the front-end needs as well as third-party API users based on feature requirements and designs
- Writing tests and documenting the API calls and services
- Maintaining the core services forming the Curatio platform’s web API and the required dependencies
- Enhancing and supporting the existing scalable and event-driven architecture of the platform
- Supporting the development team to find the best way to deliver the new features and flows
We are an experienced and passionate team of healthcare professionals, PhDs, developers, patients and serial entrepreneurs who are all motivated to make an impact. Titles aside, we are a dedicated and fun loving team that strives to provide an environment where everyone can be their best. Building a positive community is core to our beliefs. Our remote team spans the globe (Canada, US, Europe, etc.), providing a flexible and inclusive work environment that includes a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures. We strive to provide meaning to our collective work, while also rewarding one’s own personal curiosity with technology and innovation.
Excited? Us too! Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and let us know what interests you about the role and why you want to join the Curatio rocket ship.
Please note due to the anticipated volume of candidates, only those qualified or shortlisted will be contacted.