You’re looking to bring your expertise to a team that is focused on perfecting user experience and shaping our next generation of online applications. Apply your coding experience and design principles to produce innovative, responsive web sites with a focus on user experience.Your role would be day-to-day management, upkeep and implementation of our corporate websites.Join our team to experience a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. Make your mark on our flagship rightlabs.com and electionbuddy.com applications. RightLabs is a great place for a nimble development whiz to wear a lot of different hats and always have a new project to explore! If you are enthusiastic, self-motivated, able to learn on your own, and you’re looking to join an exciting team please send in your application.
You have the following:
- 3+ years experience
- Website design and layout skills using WordPress
- Photoshop and Illustrator combined with DHTML, HTML5 and CSS/CSS3 coding experience (not just slicing Photoshop and using Dreamweaver)
- Expert knowledge of user interface design principles and good practices to create user oriented accessible websites
- Experience with developing mobile-optimized sites and user experiences
- Proven problem solving skills with the ability to come up with creative solutions to increase our website traffic and improve our brand awareness
- Live by the design principle of “don’t make me think”
- Understanding of basic SEO best practices for web development
- 3-5 years experience
Nice to have
- Object-oriented principles and design patterns
- Experience working on Zend, Symfony, or CodeIgniter PHP Frameworks
- Experience working with AngularJS, underscore.js or Backbone.js
Position is based in Edmonton with a young, talented team!