Starburst is seeking experienced freelance web developers for project and overflow work. Candidates should have a related post-secondary degree or diploma. Advertising or interactive agency experience is preferred.
Successful candidates will work with a growing in-house interactive team in the development of fast, bullet-proof websites, microsites and web apps. They should be comfortable liaising with interface designers and taking direction from senior agency staff throughout the development process.
- Building web pages based on mockups and optimizing across all major browsers
- Documenting technical and functional specifications for website projects
- Identify and fix bugs in existing code and new deployments
- Offer recommendations for optimizing site architecture, and overall website performance
- Support various internal departments such as client executives, creative, communications and management
- Experience creating responsive sites and converting static sites to responsive
- Ability to follow mockups and wireframes to build websites and emails
- Ability to write well documented code that can be managed and updated
- Knowledge of web experience and User Experience Design principles
- Availability for meetings and/or conference calls during regular business hours
- Occasional after-hours availability
- Motivated, resourceful, and quick learner
- Ability to build websites without relying on specific frameworks
Nice to Haves
- Understanding of version control methodologies
- Familiarity with Sass or Less
- Familiarity with Grunt, Gulp or any other front-end task managers
- Understanding of basic server diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Experience developing with APIs such as Facebook and Google Maps
- Understanding of website performance optimization techniques
Starburst Creative is Edmonton-based advertising and interactive agency founded in 2008. We integrate design, technology and communications to solve business and marketing problems for great clients that include government (City of Edmonton and Government of Alberta), national brands (All Weather Windows and The Brick) and local success stories (Two12 Social and Westcorp Hotels). This is an exciting and fast-paced environment—our agency has grown tenfold over the past six years.